I did give that a go... thing is my arms aren't long enough to hit it and turn it over at the same time lol 

was going to take it off and bring it into work today to try and free it up but the bloody thing has welded itself on!! Need some lever bars on it me thinks!

Ok I took the starter off and tested it using my jump pack and it kicks out and seems to spin up fine.

when on the car it clicks in every now and then without turning it over but 9 times out of 10 it doesn't even click in... I'm thinking it's clicking in the first time then getting stuck on the teeth so that's why it doesn't click afterwards....

i turned the the engine over by bottom pulley to make sure engine not seized and went round lovely...

my conclusion is is off the car the starter spins up fine but on the car it just doesn't have enough minerals to turn the engine any more...

ive looked on ignition car parts and I'm confused why a new starter is 50 odd pound and a recon one is over 100 notes??

IMG_8566.PNG

That's why I love you guys!!! That hadn't crossed my mind!

well Jayar car parts want £185 before surcharge for a pattern! £87 after surcharge...

think ill I'll go for the new pattern from ignition car parts... already thrown nearly £400 at her this month!!! Lol

• 11 months later...

Well, still no time for the deck with this mammoth of a project house to deal with... but I still pop on occasionally to see what you guys have been up to.

plus, time away from the deck gives me time for ideas... what I’m wanting it to look like now... probably will change again in future but right now this is what I want it looking like

438E73A9-4D75-4948-BE60-7B2B0E5EA6FA.jpeg.584142e2b984eefeed28d5ca17c4089d.jpeg

• Like 2

I’m loving this look right now... wish I had the time to make it happen!

“This will decimate all, after I put about 15 grand in it, or more, if i have to... overnight parts, from Japan!”

F72CE346-BA1C-4013-8B77-25B30C4504F1.jpeg.19333223aeb7c373527a751957bfd4fb.jpeg

Edited by snakey135
  • Like 1