The family_Broon wagon

dr_broon

Pleasantly surprised with it so far.. Haven't had a proper bit fun as the roads were pretty busy on the way home, but it's a massive difference to the old k20 executive.

The ride is much better as well... Much firmer and more planted. 

Only downside so far is the sound system isn't a patch on the old one with the sub in the boot, but that's easily solved. 

I might have a nice double din dvd pioneer for sale if you're looking to upgrade mate? Was the one I had in the typeR, got the optional sat nav unit too. Still debating whether to do the double din conversion on DD so if I don't and you fancy it gimme a shout. Cracking sound from it and it's DAB/USB/MP3/Bluetooth etc.

Hmm... Might be interested.. Was looking into double din last night... There's two options - one where you lose the storage in the dash and keep the old radio in for the climate controls, or one with replacement controls and display where the double din replaces the radio, but that costs £200 just for the fascia kit and controls! 

Looks like the best option though. 

Gonna go down the speaker upgrade option first though, coz we've got a kit from the old one that adds Bluetooth, Iphone connection and USB using the multi changer connection so you can still use the wheel controls. 

• Like 1

Some pics from install of Bluetooth / ipod connection today. 

DSC_0637.JPG

Whip out ashtray 

DSC_0639.JPG

Unscrew 2 screws that are exposed 

DSC_0640.JPG

Pop gear stick gator out

DSC_0641.JPG

Take out ashtray, then next 2 screws holding storage box in 

DSC_0642.JPG

Pull storage box out (easier on the type s than the unit with a little shelf and storage box on the exec. 

Chop a wee hole in the back with tool of choice (drummer for me) to fit ipod, USB extension cable and mini jack aux cable, then glue back in place with hot glue gun. 

DSC_0643.JPG

DSC_0644.JPG

DSC_0645.JPGDSC_0646.JPG

Fit control for phone functions in coin tray. 

DSC_0647.JPG

DSC_0648.JPG

Stash device in space behind storage box and tidy excess cable, and reassemble dash. 

DSC_0651.JPG

DSC_0654.JPG

Fit mic with cable behind door seal, and connect to controller in coin tray. 

DSC_0655.JPG

Job done. :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...