The family_Broon wagon

dr_broon

So, today I installed a remapped ecu, courtesy of littlebo and ukcl9 off type accord. 

Have to say that it was worth every penny, as it's totally transformed the car. 

Red line used to be just over 7k, with vtec only kicking in at 6k... Pretty pointless really.  Also, it had terrible throttle lag because of the drive by wire system thinking it knew better than your right foot. 

Now vtec comes in nice and smooth from 4.5k, red lines a bit higher, 1:1 ratio on the throttle, and more usable power (and k24 torque) throughout the revs. 

Really pleased that I've went for it, and Mrs B loves it too...  She's buzzing off blowing away a boy racer today without dropping down to 2nd out of a roundabout. 

Nearly as fast as the deck :D

• Like 3

• 2 years later...

So in the absence of any progress on the deck, I've cleaned and polished the accord. 

IMG_20200425_152546.jpg

IMG_20200425_152606.jpg

IMG_20200425_152622.jpgIMG_20200425_152710.jpgIMG_20200425_152654.jpg

Could do with a clay bar as there's quite a bit of tar etc. After tubs has been painted, the accord will be going in for some tidying up as well - a couple of small bits of rust and some car park dents off people's doors. And a MOP while it's there. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Dave said:

Nice deep shine mate, looking sweet! 

Ps: don't look behind you! Someone's trying to sneak up on you!!! Lol

I'd like to say that it was my little helper, but he just came out for the glory shots. :grin:

At least he brought me a beer when I was finished boozer.gif1

The fleck doesn't come out it the pictures, but there's a secret colour proper sparkle in there. 

• Like 2