The family_Broon wagon

dr_broon

No, can just get them separate. Can't remember how much the last one was - think I've blocked it from my memory to avoid the pain... Think it was around the £200 mark though.

Just ordered a used one off ebay for £25.

Worst case might be able to get it restored. Think I will anyway and keep it as a spare.

Feels like it's almost the end of the line for the tourer, with all that's happened this year, and the rust on the arches. Shame, coz it's a great car.

• Sad 1

Ahh, damned rust! Did you manage to get the paintwork on the roof sorted after the bike rack incident? Surprised the arches have started to rust though. Is a lovely looking car and stunning cars inside these!

8 minutes ago, Dave said:

Ahh, damned rust! Did you manage to get the paintwork on the roof sorted after the bike rack incident? Surprised the arches have started to rust though. Is a lovely looking car and stunning cars inside these!

Nah, been waiting to get it in the body shop.. Everyone's so busy at the minute. Not sure what we're going to do to be honest. Think they all start to go at the arches. Such a shame that Honda's are so prone to rust - especially with all the salt on the roads up our way. 

45 minutes ago, KiNK43 said:

That's gorgeous. And will likely be mint underneath. Price tag reflects it tho ay 

Doesn't it just... 

At the minute I think I'm leaning toward importing an odyssey. The accord is slightly too small for family adventures... There's some well tasty ones about... 

https://www.japanesecartrade.com/4721437-japan-used-honda-odyssey-van-minivan-2009.html

Though would have to hope that one could be jacked up on the coilies for camping adventures :lol:

Would still need to smarten the accord up to sell though.. But then would be tempted to keep it then... 

Need to see how sound it is underneath before chucking money at it really. 

So just took the old injector to a place that services/tests/cleans them that was recommended so I can have a spare (that might need to be fitted sooner rather than later as another one seems to be on the way). 

Turns out I know the fella there's, so we were having a catch up. He was saying that they're having loads of honda injectors through... Like loads every week! He was showing me some photos of what happens - there's a plastic filter in the injector mounted from the top, and the new fuel makes it disintegrate, so all the plastic and bits of crap end up blocking the injector. 

He was also showing me some results of a set he'd tested this week - there was a misfire on one cylinder, but when they tested the injectors only one was okay, and the rest were all about the same level of poor performance. 

When they repair them they use stainless filters so should be much better. 

Bad crack this E10 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2022 at 2:59 PM, dr_broon said:

So just took the old injector to a place that services/tests/cleans them that was recommended so I can have a spare (that might need to be fitted sooner rather than later as another one seems to be on the way). 

Turns out I know the fella there's, so we were having a catch up. He was saying that they're having loads of honda injectors through... Like loads every week! He was showing me some photos of what happens - there's a plastic filter in the injector mounted from the top, and the new fuel makes it disintegrate, so all the plastic and bits of crap end up blocking the injector. 

He was also showing me some results of a set he'd tested this week - there was a misfire on one cylinder, but when they tested the injectors only one was okay, and the rest were all about the same level of poor performance. 

When they repair them they use stainless filters so should be much better. 

Bad crack this E10 

Its bad crack that they are getting away with actually selling this pathetic excuse for fuel! E10 is utter crap. Destroys rubber fuel lines, damages injectors...........no wonder the gov is loving it. They get older cars off the road (so helps them meet their totally unrealistic emmisions limits), they get tax on all the cars going in for repair. Win win for them as usual and all part of the plan to force us into EV's. The refurbed injectors with the stainless steel filter sound good though.

• Like 1