Feck's 1999 Civic

feck_on_a_stick

Sorry to see it's up for sale, I've gone through your examples of possible next cars and have added an opinion :)

- mk4 Golf GTI turbo or V6 4motion (Look at a Leon Cupra as they're faster (180bhp compared to Golf's 150) , Completely boring to drive though and about 33mpg average from my old one, Engine is stupidly designed so makes working on it a nightmare

- Lupo GTI  (Not had one but more girly than the Yaris IMO)

- Clio 182 or 197 (Had a Non Sport Clio and loved it, It wouldn't break at all, Sport is meant to be the best hot hatch for fun of it's generation)

- Corolla T Sport (Avoid as mentioned unless it's a Facelift (04 onwards) plenty of grunt as with the EP3 but nowhere near as much fun, Basically a normal boring Corolla with a mad engine but not suspension to match it with

- Yaris T Sport (I've been looking at one for myself after my MB3 but going 172 instead) Toyota reliabilility as standard, they don't seem to run, chain driven so no need to worry about cambelt although get it checked at 100k)

I'd look into an Suzuki Ignis Sport personally as well, Great fun, Quirky styling and Recaro's as standard as well as being newer than Yaris's and still reliable 

Personally I'd say avoid VAG or German cars, maybe quick but designed to be typically German, reliable and built to do a job, No fun involved though 

• Like 1

Thanks dude.  Feedback noted :)

I know what you mean about the design of the 1.8T.  I've an Audi S3 as well as the Civic and had fun fitting a custom downpipe and larger TIP in that tiny space.

God knows what I'll end up changing to lol  I keep taking little notions for things then changing my mind. 

Just before Christmas my front passenger caliper piston started binding.  I'd pushed the piston back in the caliper, greased everything up and it worked fine for a few weeks.  Last week it bound again, so on Sunday I replaced it with a new part (with some help from Eric The Car Guy on Youtube lol).  I've always been pretty scared of anything to do with brakes on a car, but it actually wasn't that bad :)

I know what you mean, last year was a pretty big learning curve doing nearly all of the work on the VTi-S myself, I'm definitely more confident about having a go now than I used to be! 

• 3 weeks later...

I was hoping to start a new thread on this, but my permissions seem to be up the left at the minute :( Hopefully it'll get sorted soon, but as I can post on existing threads I might as well put it on here.

Can anyone tell me what this hole is for?

It looks shaped which makes me think it's supposed to be there and possibly some sort of inspection hole for the gearbox, but wanted to check incase it shouldn't be there, as I've never noticed it before! lol

EBD04ED5-3B7E-49A6-B0E0-F0416B64758A_zps

7251BC8F-207A-4BFE-B727-B150E810FE94_zps

Let all the sh!t out :geek:

Very scientific lol :P

I think I've the Revtecs replacement lined up, but it could be a month or two before I get it. With the weather getting better I ordered a bottle of 50cal Cover Up and figured Pirates Black would be a great colour to test it on. 50cal products are made locally to me and seem to be starting to get a name for themselves.  Cover Up is a filler glaze that has been getting some good reviews on some of the UK forums.  

A local detailer took this 50/50 to give you an idea what it can do.

925033_269532139919845_1803205549_n.jpg

I now see what the fuss is about with it. It's so easy to put on with my DA and just as easy to wipe off again, but it can be applied by hand as well. The biggest advantage is I could get round the car really quickly and still get fantastic results. Unfortunately I started washing the car early afternoon so the light was fading by time I'd finished, so had to settle for some quick phone pics in poor light.

Oh and 50cals Berry Bomb air freshener is grrrreat as well. It more than outlasts my Stripper Scent.

15006DFE-EFEB-4539-BA53-86DD5B5720DB_zps

E33BAA66-250D-4A6E-B43A-889DCF3A6EF4_zps

3CA5B35F-2B1F-4B2D-8541-3FF002B2A530_zps

• Like 2