mb6 mongoose/pops

spudley1988

Just a general query guys. Does anyone else's mb6 with a mongoose and decat pop like mad. And when I like blip throttle to try make it pop it bangs like I was turning igniton off. Sounds awesome lol just wanted to see if its normal.

Guest jimbob738

Yeah I have a mongoose 2.5" system so does my brother ours do that as well, I have to say had mine on for a few months now and I'm thinking of reverting back to 2.25" due to the lack of back pressure, the car feels sluggish in low RPMS and lost a fair bit of torque anyone else experienced this?

Guest jimbob738

Yeah I have 2.5" manifold with tegiwa decat pipe all 2.5" uniform straight through just doesn't seem as responsive as I would have thought think a 2.5" setup possibly better on a turbo engine (better flow), if you don't mind me asking what back box did you get with it?

I have a supersprint back box im thinking of getting adapted to fit the B pipe for a little more back pressure then think the system would perform better low down the revs, the only good thing the baked bean can you get with the system is good for seems to be waking your neighbours up at 8:30 am every day.

I must admit I wasn't expecting to loose anything when I purchased this system seemed like the way to go im not really all about the noises I want decent performance from it even been looking at DC2 B pipes missed out on one last night by a pound on ebay was not pleased.