Radio Swap on MB4

ajd_25

Hello folks. I have just bought a 2000 Hatchback Civic 1.6se, fairly lo miles at 71k, so I am sure good for many more years. Any way I would like to change out the original Pioneer TAPE/RADIO for a CD/Radio maybe with MP3 Capabilies.  How easy is this to do? Can I just remove the old one and pop in the new with appropriate wiring adaptor, or is it more complicated? Also any suggestions for a suitable unit, Pioneer or otherwise.

Many tHnks

AJ

Yes, it should be a straight swap, the only complication can be the amount of space at the back for the wiring. Some people cut away some of the plastic there to make it fit or if you take the glovebox off it's easier to reach up and pull the wiring through.

As far as actual units go buy the best you can afford as long as it does what you need it to. Pioneer, Sony, Kenwood etc. are all good units, I personally have a mechless deck and my ipod sits inside the actual unit.

Oh, and  welcometocivic5smile

I think swapping the headunit was the best thing I did, changed the quality of the sound like I had new speakers.

Halfords are good for the headunits, as they often have deals on, and if your not confident in the fitting, get them to do it :)

Yeah I'll probably get one from Halfords as they are very close by and have a couple of units I am looking for, I am not averse to DIY, so thats my route, especially as, unbelievably, they are booked up several weeks for installation.