Project TDi Bora... Plastidip...eh yeah .... Dont do it

jamestopdog

I know mate, never mind booked in for thursday again, and got these to go on now as well...

17" with 225/45/17 contis on, two need replacing though which going to stick uniroyal rainsport 3's on

958f7177bef0bf8df315afc16228fe80.jpg

Should look nice sprayed gunmetal

12f3de768c64f725d9f763457629f30c.jpg

Mint mate, they'll help fill the arches. :)

Yes mate exactly!

^^ I was just about to say that... haha

Gun metal using plasti-dip I guess? :)

Goes without saying...got it all sitting here ready, think ill do it once new tyres fitted though ;)

Grrrrr so angry!! Got up early drove 20 miles dropped the car off, mechanic rings me at 3.30pm, 'wont have time to do it today'

Why are mechanics so bloody unreliable? Ok hes cheap at £25 but I throw the bloke loads of work and ive had this booked up for two weeks, so annoying

Going to book it into garage now, probably cost £100 more but least it will get done and Ill get a loan car

Change of subject..anyone ever used a tuning box, revo remap £350 spoke to a bloke today with a 2008 golf tdi swears by his, only 20bhp increase but only £80

i had a Passat TDi 115bhp PD engine with a tuning box and it easy beat my mates A4 TDi 130 and was dead even with another mates A4 Qauttro TDi 130 which had a proper remap and was 172 bhp but obviously 4 wheel drive and had a bit more transmission drag. To be honest though cheap tuning boxes are a bit crude, its just basically a resistor which fools the ECU into thinking the car is cold and pumps more fuel in, my passat used to pump black smoke out the exhaust when i booted it with the tuning box fitted!.

Ok couldnt wait for the tyres to come so got the wheels on, poke out a fair bit more as these are et32 and old one et42, but still just in the arch (weird when you can see the rear wheel rolling in your mirror though!)

88a92cc2f0edf247aa7a1c44bc5b5e7d.jpg

Nice side view, rolling radius actually not that different which is a bit annoying as doesent fill the arch more, but then again 40mm lowering springs will sort most of that. Old tyres 205/55/16 these 215/45/17, lower profile but still plenty of meat to absorb the bumps!

6a8d91230ded1da1d043be8984534006.jpg