interior light fault

KiNK43

Hey hey. Just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. I've had a look and can't see any obvious issues.

But since having my alarm fitted the interior light doesn't work via drivers door.

He told me at the time my door switch was faulty. It's not. Alarm works. Headlight buzzer works. Switch is fine just no interior light.

Light works with passenger door open.

Anyone familiar with Interior light wiring?? Or am I gonna have to go through service book and get technical.

Thanks for any help

I have the same problem. When I open the driver's door the interior bulb will come on but then immediately go out. With the passenger door it comes on as normal. I've just started turning the interior light on manually when it's too dark to see inside. If there's a fix I'm all ears. :)

I have the same problem. When I open the driver's door the interior bulb will come on but then immediately go out. With the passenger door it comes on as normal. I've just started turning the interior light on manually when it's too dark to see inside. If there's a fix I'm all ears. :)

Wiggle the switch, should make the light come on, you can clean the switch up or just replace it!

Switch is fine on mine. I've swapped switches. I started off with multi meter. Like I say if I open door alarm goes off. If I leave lights on and get out buzzer goes off. Just no light. Doesn't flash just nothing. I suspected something had been cut but I can't find anythjng

Switch is fine on mine. I've swapped switches. I started off with multi meter. Like I say if I open door alarm goes off. If I leave lights on and get out buzzer goes off. Just no light. Doesn't flash just nothing. I suspected something had been cut but I can't find anythjng

Seems odd! Unless there's something not been reconnected to the switch when the alarm was fitted? Be a ball ache but you might have to trace wires for the interior light!

I would say its the door switch as "i think" they are wired like indicators in series? so even if you swap switches it still would cause a problem n stop it working properly

• 3 weeks later...

Hi mate just to let you know the drivers door switch operates from a separate circuit to the other doors it goes to a control unit that is used for the buzzer and oe alarm, this is why aftermarket alarms should be connected to a passenger door switch as this still work for the driver's door too. So it could be a connection problem from the unit to the light