After market remote central locking "Hawk"

Sn0wBallMB

Hi I purchased a Hawk alarm system with remote locking to install to my mb2 that came without remote locking. Ive done various interwebs searches but not found much other then people giving up. I had a quick search on here too but didn't find much. I have a haynes manual with diagrams and I requested model specific instructions from hawk but that just consists of "on 5 door models configure for motor interrupt". Wich means the unit will act as a relay and power the motors reversibly. I just whipped the door panel off to have a play with the loom but when I introduce a live and earth to the motor wires nothing happens? Just thought id see if anyone else has been successful with this type of kit before I start hacking away thanks.

Regards, Leigh

Did you say your car doesn't have central locking at all? If that's the case you'll need a set of solenoids, one for each door.

If it does have it, does it work at all?

I've had a few people ask me before and I can't remember anything exact.

I do know it worked great, all wiring was done in drivers footwell.

And if you contact hawk they can give you 96-00 wiring colours and locations. Makes install very easy.

• Like 1

Excellent thank you guys you fill me with confidence lol ive just wired up the alarm side of things ill continue with the rest tomorrow as im bored now, ive been taking pics at each step to help others in the future, providing it works that is :/

• Like 1

Success! I finished installing the kit this afternoon and it all operates as it should, full remote central locking, alarm, hazards, door switch, multistage shock sensor, interior proximity sensor and siren. Features I didn't connect for lazy reasons include auto powered window closure, anti hijack and interior light activation

• Like 1