Dougies 2-Tone sicilian/pirate MB6

Dougie

• 1 year later...

What's Happnin' Dudes!

hows it going guys I know i have been AWOL for a while, I've been crazy busy with work and car stuff has been sidelined due to time and money issues, however i managed to avoid selling her and found a corner to hide her in under a cover but things are starting to happen again, she's been off the road for a little under a year while i stockpiled parts and the rebuild has begun!

lots of shiny things going into her and i will post a full update when i can get some pictures ;)

Hope everyone is doing well and I'll speak to you all later :)

now I'm gonna go lurk around the rest of the forum and see what everyone else has been up to

• Like 5

On 7/3/2016 at 11:47 PM, Chandler said:

long time no speak!! what goodies have you got then?

well seeing as im not gonna be able to get individual pictures of the parts now >< I may as well fill you in.

just under a year ago I finally got round to fitting the Blox inlet manifold that I had bought months before, this resulted in (I'm assuming due to increased pressure or something) the stem seals and/or piston rings blowing themselves to b****ry and enormous clouds of black smoke.

So after some deliberation i decided to buy a wee van that i could use for work and take the car off the road while I got the stuff together to rebuild the engine and fix the problems.

it was about 10 seconds after that decision that i thought "well if its all coming apart anyway......."

so months later and hording parts for the best part of a year I now have the following!

1. High Comp B16B pistons
  2. DC2 cams and dual valve springs
  3. P28 socketed ecu (to be mapped once everything else is done)
  4. ACL race series bearings
  5. Super Street 4-2-1 2.5 inch exhaust manifold and adjustable decat.
  6. shiny new Bridgestone Adrenalin RE002's on 16 inch black DC2 alloys

and of course the Blox inlet that caused all the issues in the first place

On 7/4/2016 at 8:35 AM, Krzys said:

You're alive, good to hear from you dude! How's the beard?

The Beard is excellent thank you!

I honestly cant wait to get her back on the road, Ive been dealing with the worlds most gutless berlingo for nearly a year and its driving me MAD

Edited by Dougie
  • Like 3