Dougies 2-Tone sicilian/pirate MB6

Dougie

Ok i guess its time to put a build thread together :)

sadly there are no surviving pictures of the start of the story but ill fill in as best as i can

about 2 years ago after a friend convinced me to buy a VTi-S sadly that car had to be commited to the scrapyard in the sky after a little crump (cough.... too fast on a wet road....cough.... lesson learned)  and for the life of me i cant remember where i saved the pictures of it >< .

however in order to save as much of it as possible we found a rolling shell that was for sale for £250 and a mate of mine kindly went and picked it up and took it back to his workshop.

i got really lucky with the shell as it had the full leather interior most of the interior trim carbon wrapped already, Koni shocks and springs and a 2.5" Mongoose catback hanging from the underside! (apparently the guy selling the car couldnt get the exhaust off the car so he left it there O.o )

in the next stage sadly i was stuck about 200 miles away from the car and wasnt able to work on it myself and as a result i could never have done it without some help from 2 really good mates in Inverness, Jamie Love and Sean Mackintosh who stripped the vti-s and dropped the engine and electrics into the new shell. the next time i saw the car they told me that scicilian bonnet was a bit tatty so they had put the pirate black bonnet on, i wasnt so sure about it untill i saw it and realised they had also put the vti-s kit and the black spoiler on it and i loved the colour combination!

so here it is, as it was back then just after it was finnished and just a little over a year ago sitting on the koni suspension

ihMWemO.jpg

so the next thing to be done was coilovers. i decided to go all the way and so far its the only really expensive bit ive bought for the car.... MeisterR's! and boy did i make the right decision, totaly transformed the way it goes round corners and still the best thing I've done to the car so far.

next thing to get done was intake and a mate sold me his AEM short arm really cheap so that was and easy choice

on it goes!

YeNpiKL.jpg

next thing to happen was that some stupid bint drove into the back of me and the insurance w****rs wrote off the civic..... :wacko:

however as luck would have it they didnt see any salvage value in the car so they gave it back to me with a payout of what they saw the value of the car as and 12quid later i had a new rear bumper from a breakers yard complete with a 1.4i badge on the back of it :twisted:

still not sure if ill be leaving it there or not but its kinda fun for now when aresholes in audi's think its a 1.4 :P

sES7gKK.jpg

And that was all for a while, untill the start of this year when i had the time to take a week and give it some love.

i started with a basic service as it hadn't been done for a while. so pluggs oil change dizzy cap and rotor arm (dizzy cap was cracked and probably the origonal one)

this was all fine untill i was taking the dizzy cap off and the casing on the Dizzy broke off around the bolt WACK11111

so that was an hour spent swapping the guts of my dizzy into the casing from a b****red dizzy that my mate had in the back of his shed

PHG7X3O.jpg

next on the list was the front wishbones as this was starting to get a bit worrying (and i hadn't wanted to drop the coilovers down properly untill this was sorted)

Before

BEQeHp6.jpg

so new wishbones went on and the coilovers were wound down to about a 20mm drop (still fiddling with them so this is defiantly not going to be the final height)

After

hXN24rH.jpg

while i was there and it was good weather i decided to tackle the carpeting in the boot that had been p**sing me off as it was constantly falling off and getting in the way so....

Weight Reduction!

MbcIGds.jpg

and finnaly for this bout of work i picked up a new shiny thing from Unit6 spares in perth on my way home :)

DC2 Strut brace!

OhtK78x.jpg

Anyway.... thats all for now, hope you enjoy and ill be adding more to the build as time goes on (probably fairly slow progress though as its my daily driver and I'm a broke student lol)

To Do list:

1. Poly bushes for the rear LCA's ive got and get them fit. ------------------------------------------- Ordered!

2. Find and Fix the source of the knocking thats comming from the front suspension  --------- Tracking done which eliminated all 3 of these :)

3. Fix Fog lights and get surrounds for them

4. Fix healdight washers

5. Strip and refurb breaks

6. Better Tires

7. Dechrome grill/rear plate holder and headlights

8. Paint Rocker Cover

9. book it into a body shop to get everything tidied up and get all the panels/bumpers lined up properly

10. (distant future....... PlastiDip!)

Very distant future......

1. Exhaust manifold

2. Inlet manifold

3. Full Bracing

4. S80 4.7 gearbox

5. Wheels (undecided what yet)

• Like 4

Car looks really well with two tone colours.  lol at the 1.4 badge too.  Kepp it on :P

I'm starting to feel a bit odd-man-out though for not having Meisters these days

^^ they are expensive but sooooo worth it, i cant speak for any other coilovers as these are the only ones I've ever had but they were highly recommended by various people before i got them

• Like 1

^^ they are expensive but sooooo worth it, i cant speak for any other coilovers as these are the only ones I've ever had but they were highly recommended by various people before i got them

Meister's also took my fully adjustable suspension virginity too! :lol:

Bit of an epic tail to get to where you are today! As I've said before, door handles in PB would look awesome with the combination so far! 

What state was that wishbone in when it came off!? :o

it wasn't all that bad, ill see if I've got a picture of the old ones somewhere, it was bent backwards slightly. I have a suspicion that the shell had a bash on the nose before i got it, the slam panel is slightly out of shape as well

it wasn't all that bad, ill see if I've got a picture of the old ones somewhere, it was bent backwards slightly. I have a suspicion that the shell had a bash on the nose before i got it, the slam panel is slightly out of shape as well

Yeah I'd come to the same conclusion if that's out of kilter as well!

Tell you what though, I was drooling over the seats in yours on Sunday, wanting the same for mine! May flock my door cards where the fabric is instead so its new!

Well I know Adam Rafique had a set of full leather seats for sale recently you could check if he still has them. And a friend of mine had a set of door cards the same as mine for sale, ill give him a shout and see if he still has them if you want

Well I know Adam Rafique had a set of full leather seats for sale recently you could check if he still has them. And a friend of mine had a set of door cards the same as mine for sale, ill give him a shout and see if he still has them if you want

Yeah worth a punt dude! Grant is checking with another guy who's selling leather seats on the Facebook group! I'm not on it so he's playing messenger boy :lol:

• Like 1