Dougies 2-Tone sicilian/pirate MB6

Dougie

I missed this thread also!

Like the story behind it. Love the colour combo so please keep it as it's unique!

I had bought Eibach springs with mgzs shockers and they worked really well. When the shockers started to make noise i thought 'b****r it' and bought some Meisters to save faffing about...what a difference like you say! Expensive but a B road killer! :)

Like your setup/height mate. I changed mine from same height all round, then to the rear slightly higher than the front. Found that it turned in much better having the front a wee bit lower.

• Like 1

I missed this thread also!

Like the story behind it. Love the colour combo so please keep it as it's unique!

I had bought Eibach springs with mgzs shockers and they worked really well. When the shockers started to make noise i thought 'b****r it' and bought some Meisters to save faffing about...what a difference like you say! Expensive but a B road killer! :)

Like your setup/height mate. I changed mine from same height all round, then to the rear slightly higher than the front. Found that it turned in much better having the front a wee bit lower.

I like the colour combo as well but sadly close up the paint is in really bad condition, and to match both those colours for a respray would be seriously expensive ( i would have thought)

yeh i need to measure the hights again to see what the difference is but i do think the front still needs to come down a bit, ill probably do that once the Poly bushes are in ( rear LCA's)

There you go! My findings were right!

I have my uses! :lol:

I measured from the arch to the centre of the hub before during and after as I went from OEM straight to Meister's this time! :)

Guest jimbob738

Hi Dougie

I admire what you have done here to try and save the best of your previous VTI-S hard work pays off, how come before you changed the wishbones the wheels sat so far back before and after shots at the beginning are dramatically different......

Hi Dougie

I admire what you have done here to try and save the best of your previous VTI-S hard work pays off, how come before you changed the wishbones the wheels sat so far back before and after shots at the beginning are dramatically different......

Thanks mate :) I suspect the car had been in a front end bump before I got it and the wishbone on that side was bent slightly backwards, which by the time you add the hub and the wheel the effect is amplified so the wheel is significantly out of place

• 1 month later...

Ok so poly bushes are on!

started out getting the old bushes out of the Alloy arms i had which was much less painful than i was expecting

1jHRZkc.jpg

we then however discovered that the bushes i had didnt fit the arms as they are narrower than the stock arms and the new bushes are designed for the stock ones blowupsmiley.gif

RIGHT! stock arms it is!...... what a pain the arse that was..... 3 hours a side and 13 drill bits broken, just to get the old bushes out!

here's what the old ones looked like....

JFJ0RCE.jpg

however once they were out getting the new ones in was fairly painless

KGR9igZ.jpg

and here's the arm back on the car

AGakPQ1.jpg

what a difference! between this and having the tracking done and dropping the ride height at the front the car is handling like its on rails now! Now whats limiting my speed in the corners is the seats lol, i have absolutely no doubt the car can do it faster but i get plastered up against the window if i go round a bend too quick WACK11111

I would like to say a HUGE thank you to Jamie Love who put in a massive amount of time while i was at work :)

PVmV5sL.jpg

Next small update!

Went to see Dave and DD on Tuesday for a bit of a bleather and Dave very kindly after seeing my tatty steering wheel offered me one he had sitting in the garage! so 10 mins later and Ruby's Original wheel is in my car :-P

woNkj4U.jpg

thanks again @Dave :)

thats all for now but hopefully there will be a big update on brakes very soon!

• Like 1