My PB MB9 Aerodeck! Engine rebuild in progress

vtec2011

When a thermostat fails, it's supposed to become permanently open so coolant can still circulate. Maybe yours wasn't fully open?

I had one stick shut on me, that's fun! 

I had one stick shut on me, that's fun! 

Guess I was lucky, mine failed stuck open and I didn't even realise it until I had it out the car. Just thought MB6's took ages to warm up. :lol: Now I have a DC2 thermostat and my MB6 gets up to VTEC operation temperature before I make it onto the main road. :D

Guess I was lucky, mine failed stuck open and I didn't even realise it until I had it out the car. Just thought MB6's took ages to warm up. :lol: Now I have a DC2 thermostat and my MB6 gets up to VTEC operation temperature before I make it onto the main road. :D

Yeah I had the same experience with my EK, thought it just took a while to warm up, then winter came and noticed it was cold all the time, then started behaving normally until one day I was on my way home from work and noticed it warmed up very quick, then carried on getting warmer and warmer :lol:

Here what it looks like. I'm actually using it like this now...

No images apart from profile pics and won't let me change to decktop version to see if that makes any difference..

Screenshot_2014-10-18-08-12-59.png

The above is because the sites CSS style sheet hasn't loaded mate. Hence no theme or anything. Best thing to do is delete all browsing history (cookies,forms the lot) then see if that sorts it out. If not, try refreshing the page a couple of times and all should be sorted

Now that I can update.. it's been a fix and repair week :(

1413540845279.jpg

First of, thermostat was faulty as we already know, battery had to be replaced as it wasn't holding it's charge and then the drivers side front brake is binding. After closer inspection it's the caliper (piston seized) Not a problem, I kept all tge calipers from my old MB3.

Gave the two front calipers a lick of spoon look a like paint. I think it will look nice behind the gun metal wheels :)

IMG_20141017_161807.jpg

• Like 1