My PB MB9 Aerodeck! Engine rebuild in progress

vtec2011

I think 14" BBS style wheels suit decks quite well with a bit of poke 

UPDATE!! And a good one too! Fitted an 4-2-1 Japspeed manifold yesterday which I'm "borrowing" from a mate whilst his Civic goes through the MOT with a cat. Hopefully I can persuade him to sell it to me as it sounds AMAZING! Sounds like a proper Honda!

20150320_163411.jpg

20150320_164150.jpg

20150322_124946.jpg

20150322_125002.jpg

But unfortunately she has been overheating in the last couple weeks. Before you ask me what I have done to diagnose this, I have literally done everything. Checked fan (fan is constantly on, new thermostat, bled the cooling system numerous of times, done a coolant flush, compression test, checked everything over... you name it. So the only thing I can think of is the head-gasket is on it's way out.

Going to order a new head-gasket tomorrow along with replacing the valve-stem oil seals. Plus a head-skim :)

20150322_124902.jpg

• Like 1

Have you checked the oil for the tell tale sign of mayo? What's the coolant level like?

Checked oil (very clean as a full service recently been done) and it's not losing any coolant. 

Basically what is happening, exhaust gases is getting pass the head-gasket and into the cooling system / water ways. This is why I have to keep bleeding the cooling system as it keeps getting trapped air.

But the coolant haven't got enough pressure to get through the gasket and into the bores. This is the reason why there is no water and oil mixing.

Hope that makes sense haha

Nice manifold mate..I just sold a similar one from my MB2.. Sorry to hear about the head gasket.. Hopefully new one will sort your heating problem out..Love the new signature btw ;)

• Like 1

Checked oil (very clean as a full service recently been done) and it's not losing any coolant.

Basically what is happening, exhaust gases is getting pass the head-gasket and into the cooling system / water ways. This is why I have to keep bleeding the cooling system as it keeps getting trapped air.

But the coolant haven't got enough pressure to get through the gasket and into the bores. This is the reason why there is no water and oil mixing.

Hope that makes sense haha

You could always do one final test, if you can find someone with a combustion leak tester and test your coolant for exhaust gases?

• Like 2