My PB MB9 Aerodeck! Engine rebuild in progress

vtec2011

Replaced the fuel pipes today. What an absolute nightmare to do and the sub-frame had to be dropped with wasn't too bad. Still got the brake pipes to replace and other bits and bobs before the engine goes back in!

I've also got a mint fuel tank coming next week from a MB Breaker and got an new oil pump. I'm getting really excited now! :D

20160109_161011.jpg

20160109_161507.jpg

20160109_160951.jpg

20160109_170824.jpg

20160109_175906.jpg

Nice job dude. Looks great. So what's the plan with this??? Rebuilding the engine that failed??

Thanks mate! Yeah I have already rebuilt the engine. If you go back a page, you'll see. It lost compression on either number 2 or 3 piston and the valve stem seals were a gonner.... I was going to B18 it but I have such a soft spot for these engines. Plus I always wanted to rebuild one :)

• Like 1

Not really progressing this week. Just more parts coming off :lol: Coilovers, hubs, bottom arms, top arms are all off to get cleaned up and resprayed. I will get pictures up tomorrow, shes looking really sorry for itself haha. Today I was peeling off the old underseal and come across the dreaded rust :(

To be honest it's not too bad... but I'm no welder so it's a job for somebody else!

20160112_183442.jpg

20160112_183421.jpg

20160112_183242.jpg

20160112_183309.jpg

Ideal, a bloke I work with who is a master of welding is doing it all for me. But it means waiting for another week. My boss is pulling his hair out as he wants his ramp back.. :lol: