Toyota mr2

matty1

Back again, this time with my mr2. Was meant to get a rev 5 in a rare blue cosmos for £2100 2 weeks back, waited a week to go see it cause that's when the guy come back off holiday so was really excited to go see it, Friday finally come and went to go see it. We got there and the car wasn't there, called the guy and said be there in 5 mins. So he finally arrives after having it washed and honestly, the car was nothing like the photos, rotted cills, fine scratches all over the car, couple of dents and bumps. Complete waste of my time and the guy was a massive d**k head, when I left he started texting me threatening messages for not but his heap of junk. Anyways was a bit dissapointed so back on eBay and found this one at £2500, thought it's worth a go. Got there and it was mint, no rust, no dents and no scratches. So offered him £2000 and got it. So here it is.

CBC282D0-AED8-4D52-B00F-4C2ED81DEB83_zps

A266D799-064E-4B17-A639-925158568E4D_zps

BFC4EAE8-C1CD-407E-963F-F7389E666187_zps

556FDF6A-0018-456D-9998-65B9D6B428C8_zps

Needs mot this month and cambelt doing ASAP. Needed all new tyres so decided to get new rims. So here it is with the new shoes on

9222EFD8-405A-4ACE-9A00-29B57C657EAA_zps

05F04196-6B1E-48EE-9AFC-FC79C91E211C_zps

B0A43F11-0A19-4E25-AF40-F0EE26220BD2_zps

225F9862-3852-43F7-A3F6-D55B791A722C_zps

Not the best photos but hey ho. There 17x8 rota torques in gunmetal. Looks amazing in life but photos ain't the best, peons the stupid iPhone!

Anyways hope you all like!

Next stage is intake, coilovers, exhaust.

:-)

Really like the wheels you've put on! Looks super tidy that, shame about the first one but that's sometimes how it goes. The threatening messages aren't on though, send him a c0ck shot or an old woman's badger! :lol:

• Like 1

New rims suit it brilliantly. If you say the photo's are naff, I'd love to see this in person! Always loved the MR2 (bar the Spyder...) and its nice to see one so clean! Will be following this one :)

Cheers lads. Yea the first guy was a major douchebag, but kinda glad I waited or wouldn't of got this one. One of the reasons I got it cheap is because mots this month and the cambelt has never been changed and it's clicked up 102,000 miles.... Not been driving it much but hopefully get it sorted this weekend.

It's so nice to drive, for stock suspension it corners lovely.

Plans for it, single exit exhaust, hsd coilovers, brakes, and really any other small bits this year and get it running good. And an intake kit.

Hopefully gonna see if it's ok to bring it to japfest on the stand. Il park it in the corner or something.