Sunroof not opening - Solved!

fyfie5

My dads aerodecks sunroof has just stopped opening, it tilts fine but when you press it to slide it back it opens like a 1cm then just stops as if its jammed on something? anyone else had this problem? what should I check first?

cheers!

Try shutting it again and then retry opening, when I've had mine tilted and then try to open it fully it does this, a quick shut and it opens fine. Maybe once you've got it open it might be worth greasing the runners.

You could try opening it manually with the key? Should be with the jack in the boot I think if there is one with either of the M's in your household.

You could try opening it manually with the key? Should be with the jack in the boot I think if there is one with either of the M's in your household.

I didn't know you could do that?

I didn't know you could do that?

Yeah you're supposed to be able to manually operate it like that say if the motor dies whilst it's open. 

post-4759-0-24827200-1402652940_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...

probably something in stuck in the runners, i had this on my old deck and turned to be a little bit of plastic stuck in the runner!

how did you manage to see it to get it out?

just had a look and cant really see in very well as it doesn't open that much and I tried opening it manually and it sticks at the same point so I definitely think there is something stuck in there as when I turn it by hand, it sticks at the same point and I cant turn it any more, feels like something is going to snap!

Mine did this the other day.

When your trying to slide it back, stand outside the car with your finger on the button and with your other hand gentle press on the top of the sunroof.

Worked on mine :)