Engine dies stalls after starting: sensor, dizzy, ignition??

ajd_25

Curiously, a problem seems to have just become evident on my MB4. Never had a problem starting, but now starts OK, but then put in gear, revs drop and engine dies, cuts out completely. This seems to be happening when car is cold i.e. upon starting fist thing in morning. It will then happen again when coming to stop at  a junction I change down and the engine cuts out . After running a while it doesn't appear to happen again. Any ideas? Thanks.

Thanks guys I had a sneaky suspicion on this. Now how do I go about giving it a good seeing too!! and where the $%% is it.

It's attached to the rear of the inlet. Just behind the throttle body.

Take it off, good dose of break cleaner and a scrub should do the trick.

post-4060-0-60450900-1404167657_thumb.jp

It's the part just up from the TB gasket :)

• Like 1

OK so I just started do do this thing as problem getting worse.

I had a hard time getting access to the 2 hose clips whilst in situ. so decided to take IACV off first then deal with the hoses. Oh yes any tips to release the wiring connector?
Then noticed this errant tube, which clearly must go somewhere as it has clips but can't figure out where it should go. By the way it is curved it seems to want to go somewhere under the throttle body. The other end is attached to injector system ?
I
IMG_1695_zpsadf39b75.jpg
IMG_1697_zps516aa8bc.jpg

So it turns out the IACV is pretty clean, no gobs of dirt like some have reported. So will see if this helps.
So may be its another problem, and I think I found where the other end of the tube ( mentioned previously) goes.

Could this be it and could this be the reason for the weird engine cut outs??? And what is it?
I am going through the manual right now.

IMG_1702_zps2ba8b36b.jpg