Project march.

So I got my Lexus, 2 days later I go outside Drive it out the street after a 20min inspection and I switch from 3rd to 2nd and it just didn't do anything like it was in neutral limped it to a friend who runs a garage near by and find out the box is s**gged. The driveshaft linkage is pretty much destroyed and the 2nd gear is cracked. I took it back to the dealer and got my money back. After paying £200 to have it towed.

Same day I walk 200 yards past another dealer and see a Micra K11 for £800.. Hmnnn expensive

After a walk around it I notice a special something.. I ask why its so much and the guy tells me 1 lady owner from new, complete Nissan service history, 11months mot and 6mo Tax and.. Its an import..!

IMG_20140701_233952_zpsh60gwtri.jpg

It was the fact the car is a March not a Micra which was the 'special something'. I walked around it and noticed the badge

@UnicyclingTom no its not an SR sadly, it does have the rear discs like the SR instead of drums which is good.

@Grant yeah it is, however it does only have 54000 on the clocks ^_^

So far the plans are to service and change the pads/disc, ssort the suspension.. BC racing do coilovers and then some decent wheels..

It was the fact the car is a March not a Micra which was the 'special something'. I walked around it and noticed the badge

@UnicyclingTom no its not an SR sadly, it does have the rear discs like the SR instead of drums which is good.

@Grant yeah it is, however it does only have 54000 on the clocks ^_^

So far the plans are to service and change the pads/disc, ssort the suspension.. BC racing do coilovers and then some decent wheels..

Ah right, thought I was onto something when I read this line on Wikipedia!

There was also an estate version called the March Box (WK11), which was unveiled on November 1999, with a double folding rear seat, along with an automatic transmission four-wheel drive model.

A March and not a micra ...

Huh ???

54k is good though :)

They can look pretty sick slammed with decent rims ..

And an SR20DET would do it some good! 

• Like 1

A March and not a micra ...

Huh ???

54k is good though :)

They can look pretty sick slammed with decent rims ..

The March is the Jap name for the Micra, it is pretty much the same car except the badges and some of the sensors and bits.. Like the TB is a 50mm Hitachi unit instead of a 45mm one (ID not outer)

And an SR20DET would do it some good!

Im looking at an SR20VET build if I can find a VE head. A SR20DE can be sourced quite easily from a Primera or Sunny then a nice Neo-VVL head would make it scream nice.

I spotted this one online..

IMG_8389.jpg