Shafz's NHB '02 EP3 Type R Build!

Shafzzz

Yeah! Friday today and still no driveshaft, if it's not here tomorrow (he sent via Royal Fail) then dispute is being made.

For you Krzys, the headunit fitment

b7f37928-966f-4cf6-904a-2d5a9d2b6db9_zps

I went for the black to contrast the silver as well as matches the heater controls, also because I was scared autoleads silver wouldn't match the actual dash

Finally unwrapped the backbox section a bit, liking the look of it!

eed636f8-7f68-4897-8a11-30795f4ee580_zps

Much angled exhaust, wow.

724eca89-00f7-4b95-a14d-f7bf647a308c_zps

Aaand the exhaust bung that keeps it under track limits (it's 98db with this bung installed, god knows without it.. will remove it for street driving then put it in as I plan to track the Japfests next year!)

• Like 1

Still nothing, being sent a tracking number tonight. Really getting on my nerves now, without the driveshaft I can't use the car properly etc. This has delayed me a week as I paid for it LAST Thursday when he said he'd dispatch that Friday.

Oh wow! That's gonna be loud!

Yeah it will be, gonna have to use the bung to get on track next year, and work out a way to make the bung look less terrible.

10am Monday morning, still no driveshaft, the guy has said if it doesn't come today he'll send me out another free of charge. I have a suspicious feeling he's just covering for himself and infact hasn't even posted it yet in the first place!

Still annoyed.

Yeah it will be, gonna have to use the bung to get on track next year, and work out a way to make the bung look less terrible.

10am Monday morning, still no driveshaft, the guy has said if it doesn't come today he'll send me out another free of charge. I have a suspicious feeling he's just covering for himself and infact hasn't even posted it yet in the first place!

Still annoyed.

I was thinking the same! 

Idea for the bung, spray the bit you'd see matte black maybe? :idea:

This thread had me looking at EP3's on Autotrader last night! They're coming down in price! 

• Like 1

That's one of the factors that swayed me towards an EP3, mine was quite cheap for the miles and condition, and yeah good shout on the bung I'm definitely using it on motorway trips cause I can't stand 100+ decibels on the motorway with the EP3s close ratio box, seems tiring enough standard after the BMW haha!

I hope it comes today and this seller proves that doubt in my mind wrong, purely because I've waited over a week to get my car done!