Shafz's NHB '02 EP3 Type R Build!

Shafzzz

Yeah when I had a Spoon cat-back plus de-cat on my EK I used it any time I was doing a decent journey! Ears bleeding wasn't what I signed up for :lol:

Yeah probably going to paint it black.

Good news! The Dacia San...

Driveshaft is not in my possession! However he's posted 'another' one which should be here Wednesday (express48 delivery) with proof of receipt etc, so hopefully it does come Wednesday as I might to pay to swap insurance to the BMW and back for the mean time just to minimize risk of damage.

It's an odd contrast owning both cars and if you lot wish for a comparison 'review' I'm more than happy to oblige.

Shippped you another "free" of charge ... Hmmmmm Thats supsicous mate !

Id be thinking that the fecker didnt send you one in the first place ..

That exhaust will be mega loud, 98 with the bung :-o My EK was 98 without a bung and that was friggin loud! lol

• Like 1

That's 98db off VTEC/on track soundcheck conditions too.. Don't even wanna know what it does without the bung at crossover/8.2k haha

Be a good one to find out though ;-)

That's one of the factors that swayed me towards an EP3, mine was quite cheap for the miles and condition, and yeah good shout on the bung I'm definitely using it on motorway trips cause I can't stand 100+ decibels on the motorway with the EP3s close ratio box, seems tiring enough standard after the BMW haha!

I hope it comes today and this seller proves that doubt in my mind wrong, purely because I've waited over a week to get my car done!

You have a 12" subwoofer. Use it. :P

• Like 1

You have a 12" subwoofer. Use it. :P

This is true, except it may shake the rest of the car to pieces in order to drown out the new exhaust.

Sooo driveshaft update!

The guy scammed me, long story short. He didn't send out the first one when he said he did, the second one he sent out on Monday miraculously got lost on Tuesday, even parcelforce can't find this so called package that was sent despite the tracking saying its lost.. upon closer inspection of the receipt he provided for sending it, it said 2.7KG. I'm no mechanic but I'm fairly certain a driveshaft for an EP3 and packaged weighs a fair bit more than 2.7KG. So I did what I should've done in the first place. Went to a local breakers cash in hand, found an EP3 being broken and got the driveshaft off it. The complete thing.

Cost a bit more but to be honest I just wanted the driveshaft in person and no messing, prefer a face to face deal to an internet one as there's less complications.

I'm unhappy with the seller and I'm opening a dispute but I don't see how it'll go in my favour due to him having proof he sent 'something' off, and the original transaction being over 14 days ago. Oh well he can keep my £30 scummy b'tard, it's more the 2 weeks of hassle and inconvenience that's annoyed me.

HOWEVER!

As the new driveshaft is in my possession my car can be done on Monday, hurrah!

What a robbing bastard mate. Some fucking people.

Regardless of whether he 'posted' something (which I'd tend to agree should surely be more than 2.7kg) you never received and eBay should take your side. Also, if he 'posted' it correctly, then parcel force will reimburse him for them loosing it.

Great news it'll be done Monday though :)

• Like 1

Was via a facebook page mate not ebay, the thing is my mates have used him before and he was a genuine seller, he won't reply to my messages either. People these days. So he has my money plus the £12 he spent on postage in his pocket. Oh well what goes around comes around. End of the day my car's being done and I've done the right thing.