Mb690's PB VTI

mb690

Cheers! Got most of them fitted on the weekend. Didn't have time for any pics I'm afraid, but its all pretty well documented stuff anyway. A lot of what has been done wasn't in the pics above either.

So on the weekend it had the following done: 

1. Lightweight chromoly flywheel with ARP bolts

2. Genuine Honda Clutch kit

3. Trans Fluid change

4. Full Service - all filters and fluids including brake fluid, as well as Iridium Plugs, new dizzy cap and arm.

5. Genuine Honda Cambelt kit and water pump + coolant change. 

6. Valve lash check and adjustment (only two on the exhaust side were out by a very negligible amount)

7. New rocker cover gasket and plug seals.

8. Ride height was also raised by 15mm all round and then taken back for another geo setup to fast road spec again at the new height.

9. Cleaned up the Meister-R's, gave them a good greasing and fitted some Tegiwa shock socks.

10. Fitted PIA 4K ultra white bulbs (worthwhile little upgrade for sure!)

Certainly feels fresh, especially after all the suspension work that was carried out just 6 months ago. Gutted that I had to raise it up but the suspension had settled a lot (good 10mm at least) since it was originally done and it was pretty much on the low limit for daily driving to begin with. Plus, Sheffield is friggin pothole and mega steep hill city so it ain't low's friendly. 

I'll take some shots at the new height, its been purposefully set a couple mm higher at the front so that it should in theory be where I want it once it settles again. worst comes to worst it will need a 5mm drop or so at the front. 

Hoping to get the rest of the bits from the pics fitted this week. Mostly excited for the exhaust system next Tuesday!

18 hours ago, Chandler said:

awesome mate!! that's what I like to see aswel is genuine parts and proper parts. not skimping out

Yeh I'm a stickler for genuine Honda parts, tried and well tested. You'll be glad to hear then that the Dizzy cap, arm, rocker gasket, plug seals and even the Trans fluid were also genuine Honda.

Ok, so as usual I haven't been on and updated things in ages :rolleyes:

A week of so after the last lot of work, I fitted my Tegiwa Whales C**k and went down to Cobra Sport Exhausts in Sheffield to have a full 2.5" stainless system built including a de-cat. Cobra Sport were absolutely awesome and the exhaust turned out exactly as I wanted / asked for right down to how it sounded. Can be nice and stealthy depending on throttle position and absolutely screams in VTEC, no annoying drone on the motorway either if you get it just right. 

Tegiwa Intake fitted

InstagramCapture_9bd0571c-c98a-4e0a-a958

Exhaust

InstagramCapture_77d37958-2e02-4fb5-9258

InstagramCapture_92940268-3328-4fff-97b6

WP_20160412_16_12_19_Pro_zps4hkroej2.jpg

WP_20160412_16_12_11_Pro_zpsjlb6btlf.jpg 

Also slapped a few stickers on and this little guy after a clean inside 

InstagramCapture_1c643032-9ebe-4cc8-a98f

InstagramCapture_62eaf76f-31dd-4876-be6b

InstagramCapture_5cc35557-5cf2-41c0-b5e6

Short vid of a cold start and some gentle revs :-D

Edited by mb690
Wrong link
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Jimbob738 said:

Sound nice like my Mongoose 2.5" well worth the effort makes them really stand out, nice hearing the crossover on A roads aswell Bwaaahhhhhh!

Nice work

Absolutely love crossover now! The looks you get when it comes on as your passing someone with an open window are hilarious. rlol.gif1

Need to get working on the exterior now as it could do with some much needed TLC. Same goes for the inside.

So whats next on the list......

• Re-fit rear lip, fix & paint front and rear bumpers, tidy up the rest of the body work and machine polish + detail. 
  • Fit 2 new headlight washers as the car wash ripped both mine off!
  • Skunk2 double bend shifter, Skunk2 knob & genuine type r red stick shifter boot - (Purchased)
  • Fit Tegiwa bee sting ariel - (purchased)
  • Fit Honda Jazz washer jets (purchased)
  • Fit Takata front tow strap and Tegiwa rear toe eye (purchased)
  • Fit replacement rear lights (purchased) & find some clear or smoked side repeaters
  • Buy and fit  PERSONAL NEO GRINTA SUEDE steering wheel & Boss kit
  • Buy & fit Custom Skunk2 Floor Mats
  • Buy and Fit Cobra Daytona Seats
  • Re-trim back seats, door cards and head lining in Black Suede + Fit a load of Dynamat while its all out.
  • light tint for windows and rear lights

Once that lot is done I'll look at some more power mods and getting the bay smoothed / tucked and some bits hydro dipped. 

Might have to save some cash though as I am seriously considering a weekend toy, something older with boost like this :twisted:

supra-mk3-picture%20mmmmmmm_zpstmucywgc.