MB2 Squeaking when rocked

Danny

Hi,

Was hoping I could get some advice about a noise coming from the rear passenger side wheel, the car currently is on coilovers, when I'm driving along it feels like there is no damp/shock on that side, I'm thinking of replacing all 4 corners with either a FK Suspension kit or some collies kindly suggested by Fyfie5,, but it could be something simple and was wondering if it could be due to the caliper slightly sticking? Either way eventually I'll be replacing everything but need to prioritise, the squeaking noise only occurs when I rock the car when parked up, any help would be much appreciated!

I forgot to mention while it is rare it happens the noise starts when I park on a hill which is why I said about the caliper sticking but doesnt explain the dunk when I go over uneven roads

Drawing unwanted attention whilst entertaining the local lady folks in ones vehicle?! ;-)

Lol it would explain the strange looks I get from time to time :-P

could be ball joint mind... does it happen when you turn the wheel as well?

No, only when parked or handbrake on a hill, rear passenger side, other 3 corners are fine with no noise :-/

Spray some lubricant on the top strut tower rubbers as the bearings dry up. That cured mine as mine did the same squeaking noise. If it's not that check your rear trailing arm bushes where they mount to the body.

If it makes the noise rocking the car whilst stationary I wouldn't think it's the caliper. Though by this point we're way past that but wasn't mentioned......now it is :lol:

If it squeaks whilst dogging, stop dogging or use their car ;)