VTI-S project, hopefully H2B conversion. (Picture Heavy)

Paul_Batman

I've owned this VTI-S for about 4 months now here is a little bit of info about it followed by some pictures then my plans at the end.

it had a couple of mods already which were:-

White speedlines,

Red "H" on the grill,

H.I.D's

2.5" custom straight through exhaust,
Mushroom Filter,

it also had a few issues with the:-

dent/scratched wing,

scratched front bumper and missing headlight sprays,

scratched rear bumper,

cracked fog lights,

pulling to one side,

wheels needing a refurb,

interior (door cards peeling, hole in carpet, roof sagging)

exhaust to loud and thin on the manifold,

sunroof (doesn't move backwards only up),

grill needs refurb,

cracked wing mirrors (both).

So far i have done:-

changed wing,

changed front bumper

changed fog lights,

Oil and Filter change,

Spark plugs,

Anti roll bar drop links,

changed to Speedline Chrono's refurbed in ford graphite grey and wrapped in Toyo T1R's

lowered on Integra suspension,

Integra manifold,

Changed full exhaust including the teg mani for a full stainless system, 

Integra Strut brace,

Broadway Mirror,

De-tango'd Headlights,

removed the Air Box Resonator,

Put a B16 Airbox on with new Panel filter,

Undersealed the arches, under the wings, under the front bumper and under the passenger sideskirt.

still a few bits to change that i have in my garage but i have been working on my girlfriends deck aswell as it was MOT time lol! still have a back bumper (rear will also get undersealed when its off) and an aftermarket steering wheel to go on, i've also sourced a full new interior =] still on the lookout for some wing mirrors in pirates black!

CURRENT SPEC:-

Stainless Manifold,
Stainless Decat,
ToyoSports Stainless B Pipe and Back Box,
Integra Strut Brace,
Air box Resonator removed. 

Dc2 shocks and springs,
06/14 Refurbed Speedline Chrono's, 
06/14 Toyo T1R tyres. 

Black Grill with red "H",
HID lights,
De-Tango'd Headlights,
New Fog lights in perfect working order no cracked lenses.

04/14 Top camber arms 
04/14 Rear pads and discs 
06/14 Anti roll bar drop links 
06/14 Beneath front bumper, front wheel arches and Passenger Sideskirt undersealed

Pictures:-

IMG_20140329_170949_zpsqk4ubmrt.jpg

IMAG0762_zpstihdt69u.jpgIMG_20140414_203552_zpsb6wde5if.jpgIMG_20140414_203552_zpsb6wde5if.jpg

This is when i put Integra w/ Black Eibach Pro Springs on (too low for me so swapped for standard Integra Suspension)IMAG0867_zpsnry8mfcs.jpg

IMAG0891_1_zpsccab5568.jpgIMAG0986_zpsae7f0bbc.jpgIMAG1051_zps6c1ecbfd.jpgIMAG1207_zps2be53ce9.jpg

IMAG1217_zps3e057912.jpgIMAG1220_1_zpsb4712224.jpgIMAG1295_zpsb4f626bd.jpgIMAG1299_zps196e004a.jpgIMAG1301_zps15e45ce2.jpgIMAG1302_zpsda55dce7.jpgIMAG1304_zps1751342a.jpgIMAG1306_zpsd5f56e5c.jpgIMAG1309_zps72ded820.jpg10513533_10152238987487685_396276793561710488376_10152238987802685_8862730711109

10478443_10152238987842685_4803214757941

10494834_10152238987672685_365370982883410356259_10152238987747685_1418774260760

H2B PLANS 

My car is coming off the road for a year in january to get a h2b conversion so im just looking for as much info as possible, i previously found info on the h2b swaps on an Obd1 civic so was a bit easier with wiring if i went with a h22a, but im looking for info to convert my mb6 now which is obd2a, so im guessing the easier and better option of a h22a7 would be better?

ive tried using the search button but wont let me search H2B or H22 for some reason, i did find a topic which led to an ebay add but nothing helpful =/

My List so far:-

H22a7 block with ancillaries (obd2a i beleive)
Morf H2B (no longer available so will have to look at the more expensive kits)
Aftermarket B series mounts
S9b Gearbox 
B Series Hydro Clutch Kit Exedy
Lightened Flywheel
P30/P28 Mapped/Tuned
Manual timing belt tensioner
Adjustable Decat

any help would be greatly appreciated.

oooo that should be good :) was planning on doing a H22 swap but i had other bits to do and a lot less money than i have now :/ cant wait to see some updates mate!! this one sounds like its going to be a good one to keep on eye on :)

• Like 1

im not clued up on the b20 swaps i just know they can be a pain to set up and get the right bits!

i priced the h2b swap on an eg and found it quite cheap for the amount of power upgrade over a b16a, but problem is that was on a morfs kit and ive now heard he has stopped doing them so instead of £250 kit your looking at £1k but it will be off the road for a year and ill have the b18c4 to sell minus the shafts, mounts and gearbox so every little helps towards the cost. I'm not going to rush it and going to spend the next 6 months researching.

weight isn't much of an issue im sure i read a h22a7 with gearbox is only 20kg heavier than a b18c4 but alot more torque and im pretty sure the s9b is shorter geared than the h22 box and ill keep the lsd, then further down the line when i have more money can go 96 spec s80 box =]

im sure on the facebook page there was an mb with a h22 i wouldnt mind having a look at his build thread but cant find it =/ 

im not clued up on the b20 swaps i just know they can be a pain to set up and get the right bits!

i priced the h2b swap on an eg and found it quite cheap for the amount of power upgrade over a b16a, but problem is that was on a morfs kit and ive now heard he has stopped doing them so instead of £250 kit your looking at £1k but it will be off the road for a year and ill have the b18c4 to sell minus the shafts, mounts and gearbox so every little helps towards the cost. I'm not going to rush it and going to spend the next 6 months researching.

weight isn't much of an issue im sure i read a h22a7 with gearbox is only 20kg heavier than a b18c4 but alot more torque and im pretty sure the s9b is shorter geared than the h22 box and ill keep the lsd, then further down the line when i have more money can go 96 spec s80 box =]

im sure on the facebook page there was an mb with a h22 i wouldnt mind having a look at his build thread but cant find it =/ 

most people on the FB page dont actuially have a build thread on here :/ its pretty sad as it would be nice to see how they got there and what they did rather than, this was then, now its this :/

http://www.quartersportsdrag.com/Kit_Contents.html

H2B Kit :- $699 = $414.59 + what postage / import tax

Kit includes:

Â· 6061 Aluminum Engine Adapter

- 15 Fasteners

Â· 4130 Chromoly Crankshaft Spacer

- 8 ARP Flywheel Bolts

Â· Intermediate Axle Adapter

- 6 Fasteners

Â· Engine Mount Bracket

- 6 Fasteners

Â· CNC Clutch Slave Cylinder Spacer

- 2 fasteners

I have emailed these guys to see if the Eg/DC kit will fit the MB, still got a few more to check out and compare reviews.

http://www.swapshopracing.com/contents/en-us/p4075_Evolution_H2B_EG_EK_DC2.html

Evolution H2B kit + Race mounts + Hood Riser = $999 = £592 + Shipping + Import Tax

trans.giftrans.gifIncludes 

• Complete Instructions and Template
  • All Necessary Hardware
  • Intermediate Shaft Adapter
  • Clutch Slave Cylinder Adapter
  • CNC Machined Drivers Side Engine Mount
  • Polished Billet Motor Mounts with A70 Urethane Insert
  • Transmission Adapter Plate with Dowels

Also emailed these about the MB fitment.

have you maybe thought of a british company? i know that the foreign stuff might be slightly cheaper, but getting it in the UK means you can make sure it fits etc, if it doesn't you got the chance of sending back?

just a thought man.

also give MAZ and Hond-R a call, he is a Honda GURU! also try companies such as Tegiwa and honda Performance Parts Wharehouse (honda PPW)

they are good companies and have been helpful for me in the past.

also if your not on CivicLife yet, i would head over there for some help on this conversion, they have lots and lots of info on different builds!!