VTI-S project, hopefully H2B conversion. (Picture Heavy)

Paul_Batman

SwopShopRacing - 

Hello Paul,

To be honest with you we do not have MB6 Civics here in the US so I am not too familiar with them. Upon first glance it would appear to me that your car shares traits with a 96-00 Civic EK but just to verify I would have you send some photos of your current motor mounts and engine bay. I should be able to discern from the photos what you will need.

Brian
SwapShopRacing

^^^ at least he is honest but the QSD one seems more clued up and willing to chuck in both mounts, but looking at the kit the SwopShopRacing one was better for value with what you got irrc.

@Jimbob yeah im running standard DC2 shocks and suspension without the rear ARB and it handles superb for a daily

@beastgtir you are right with a few bolt ons i might not be far away but further down the line there would be no room for more other that reversing and going boost imo,

£400 - S80

£220 - Skunk2/Blox inlet

£100 - Thermal intake gasket

£200 - DC2 cams

£100 - Dual valve springs and retainers

£100 - P28 chipped/socketed

£60   - DC2 OEM Air intake

£100 - 70mm Throttle body

£??? - Remap to suit mod's

Hidden costs when doing that is^^ 

£152 - Gates Timing belt + Tensioner + Water pump

£10   - Rocker Cover gasket

£27   - Oil filter + Oil

£20   - Spark Plugs

£??? - Labour 

Although you would get similar gains you would be pushing it n/a side without spending big money, spend the same and you can drop in a H22a with same power and still have the leeway down the line to add cams, bigger throttle body, better inlet, remap etc thats my logic anyway   :-) 

That's when you go B20 bottom end my friend with some pistons and rods...

And b20 don't mind a bit of boost either... the trade off is that they don't rev as high on a B20B, and the B20Z revs higher but has thinner sleeves..

Perfectly safe for a bar of boost though..

ive heard mixed storys on B20 builds beast, far beyond my knowledge otherwise i'd love a b20 build lol i suppose i could read into it but its alot simpler and easier and cheaper just to drop a full engine in, im sure when i was talking to my mate you have to get the perfect tolerances and have a proper plan to the build right from the start, even which b20 bottom end to use confuses me as ive heard mixed reports, it would be better yeah but like i say im clueless on that route so no point for me going that route =( 

For a b20 vtec all you need is the guts from your b18 plus its head n a vtec oilway kit from blackworks or eagle n just a b20 block n then a remap its a lot cheaper as you can do a b20 for the price of a h2b conversion kit let alone the h22a its self but it all depends on wat you want to m8y be it the tried n tested or do you wanna see how far you can go with this car either will be epic lol

B20 swap is pretty easy and simple to do.

B20 bottom end (these can be bought as complete engines for as little as £100 !! Typical price is £3-400)

Golden eagle B20 conversion kit (can make this yourself if you got the know how but its not much to buy, contains an oil line kit usually by fitting a sandwich plate to the oil filter, a couple of dowels to align the vtec head to the bottom)

I think some people drill oil ways (been a while since I looked into it!)

That's pretty much it bar a remap.

Ready built engines do pop on ebay for around £600-£800..

basic b20 build is roughly 200 bhp/150 ft lbs of torque. With the short gearing of a S80, better intake manifold n tune. Will unleash some epic power.

Or go for boost, you can do a nice set up for under 2K

• Like 2

I really like the h22a n i would love to c one in a mb6 paul so please if this wat u really want in ur car please dont be put off but i could never afford it so im researching the b20 as i can buy bits slowly ready for wen mine wants a rebuild. Thats a point @beastgtir do you no if the iabs will still work with the b20

• Like 1

The IABS should work, however they may restrict you power wise and most of the the map they delete them when re-mapping.

Find a decent mechanic with a bit of knowledge on the H22, try performance tek even if you can get some general info out of him over the phone. He has done a few H22 conversions into EG/EK/EM etc.

• Like 2