VTI-S project, hopefully H2B conversion. (Picture Heavy)

Paul_Batman

cheers for the responses guys, (i wish that was my mexico lol)  just a quick update on the exhaust...

it wont fit, i got a decat and their was still a gap so i got one of those extension pieces and then it was long enough but the holes wouldn't marry up anyway to cut a long story short ive got a teg manifold on and the bolt holes that meet the cat are horizontal as opposed to about a 45 degree angle on the c4 manifolds so i either need an adjustable decat so i can spin it to fit or i need a c4 manifold, My mate has a brand new manifold and we are going to trial it today and if it works no doubt ill be buying it of him lol  cry.gif1

that b20 build sounds easy when you put it like that lol this is why i've mentioned it this early so i can get as much research in as possible as it comes off the road in January so not long now! decent figures with the B20 build but from what i did hear before people were saying the teg head is the best on the b20 build, then something about picking the right pistons for the compression, and then adding vtec or something but with them figures it worth looking into and finding rough costs  :-)

@Krzys yeah i wouldn't sell my exhaust on here :) i've put it on the facebook page bud  8-)

• Like 1

All depends on what your satisfied with at the end of the day.

If you want a h22 then h it is. The only thing is when you start putting different engines in it causes issues and the way the box mates up to the

Engine I've read it makes the shafts sit at funny angles n kills them off n what not. You either do it cheap or you do it right. If I was looking to do the h2b build, I'd be looking at having 5k tucked away for it as youl end up wanting to

Change bits along the way and spending £££

For example the clutch, brakes, exhaust manifold, inlet+ possibly manifold, then the engine will need a full service with possibly the cam

Cover seals n few small bits doing. It ends up costing a fair whack.

H2b kit

Clutch

Engine service parts

S300 or ecu

Remap and tuning

Added expenses (drive shafts, etc)

Upgrades (wire tuck, after market add ons)

• Like 2

Yes a would agree when you start dropping in a diff engines no matter how easy a job the engine drop is or sounds there is always more cost than you think. ( yes there will always be some one who has dropped a big engine in and cost them next to nothing to do and was simple and had no probs for years lol) . But in general it can cost and have probs you did not see comming . All that said go for it it's good to see people doing things not or very rarely seen before :). :). :). Good lucky hope to see a H22 in an M

• 2 weeks later...

All depends on what your satisfied with at the end of the day.

If you want a h22 then h it is. The only thing is when you start putting different engines in it causes issues and the way the box mates up to the

Engine I've read it makes the shafts sit at funny angles n kills them off n what not. You either do it cheap or you do it right. If I was looking to do the h2b build, I'd be looking at having 5k tucked away for it as youl end up wanting to

Change bits along the way and spending £££

For example the clutch, brakes, exhaust manifold, inlet+ possibly manifold, then the engine will need a full service with possibly the cam

Cover seals n few small bits doing. It ends up costing a fair whack.

H2b kit

Clutch

Engine service parts

S300 or ecu

Remap and tuning

Added expenses (drive shafts, etc)

Upgrades (wire tuck, after market add ons)

£519 - QSD h2b kit (£419 for the kit and awaiting reply on delivery charge + import tax so roughly around £100 both hopefully)

£600 - Engine, ive seen these at a bargain price and then i've seen them at the other end ill go in the middle

£0     - Clutch - i do have a new clutch kit already (but just a b series one is used)

£0     - Drive Shafts would just be the ones from my b18c4 now,

£100 - ECU would just be a socketed and chipped p28/p30 (just awaiting a reply on one for £95 posted)

£150 - Remap, a lad round my way has experience in mapping h2b conversions so could get a decent price (rough guess)

£0     - i do not intent to do no wire tuck or nothing yet, main priority will be getting it in and running right 

£1369 Total 

but then i will have my b18c4 block and ancillaries to sell, H series gearbox to sell.

obviously there will be hidden costs and stuff to account for but i don't plan on rushing the build.

Could work out quite cheap if it all goes well and you get decent money for the engine and box!

Will you be doing the work yourself for the conversion and engine swap?

Hopefully the b18c4 engine should see around £350-£400 with ancillaries and wiring andi've seen the M2b4 prelude boxes for sale for around £200 - £250. So potential to make £550 -£650 back towards the build. 

i forgot to add onto the cost list 

£30 - £100 - obd1 engine loom (vary in prices, need to extend a couple ancillary wires to fit, not sure on interior loom will have to check)

£?? / £280 - H2B Manifold, could just get a custom flange welded onto stock h22 mani to reduce costs though (£280 is cheapest H2B header)