VTI-S project, hopefully H2B conversion. (Picture Heavy)

Paul_Batman

i got new rear lca bolts from a place called Hawk Fasteners, just took an old bolt in... At a guess if you tell them its for a car manifold which reaches upto XXX degrees they will be able to help choose :geek:  

description on the ebay add..

"Precision machined, stainless steel finish withstands 900° F! This means no more leaky headers, snapped studs, taping or drilling! Renew you old hardware with these hex allen drive studs in seconds!"

Darlington is 20 minutes away from me as well :) but i'm going to source the h22a7 with the red valve cover which is 212bhp, a local lad is rebuilding one now and he messaged me this, would still need to find ancillaries like and wouldn't have a H series gearbox to sell to make money back but peace of mine of a full rebuild and is cheap for what it is with work being carried out :)

"It's a bare engine mate, I'm just rebuilding it as we speak, new shells, new cam belt and water pump plus a manual tensioner (so no auto fails as these are common) and headgasket & studs. Yes it's the 212 a7 lump from an atr I have 3, this one came out from one I broke."

I just need to decide is it really necessary to pay that little bit more for an extra 12bhp when i could save hundreds potentially but then i risk having to fork that back out down the line on rebuild/service/belts etc... i also still need to find a third car as well lol

i suppose a lot of the money is paying into the rebuild and peace of mind with new belts etc, i plan on a year build so i don't mind paying the extra as im not going to rush it :) but then again i would much prefer to buy a full donor and see it running and drive it! 

Find out why it is getting rebuilt firstly, is he competent at building a decent engine?

Round here there are a few guys who rebuild engines, most of them are knocking engines (bottom end/bearings/shells). The get the crank polished/grinded and just throw in another set of ACL bearings and your good to go... For a month or few til it starts knocking again as the tolerances are incorrect etc.

A proper rebuild is expensive and time consuming, checking you have the right colour colour bearings etc etc.

Most Honda cranks are 'nitrate' coated (unsure if its nitrate or what the proper name is!), and polising or grinding them removes this..

• Like 2