VTI-S project, hopefully H2B conversion. (Picture Heavy)

Paul_Batman

This engine and box is my mates it was in his prelude for about a month then he scraped the prelude shell due to rust it ran sweet and the pulled strong

Ok? With being rude but ive 2 questions for ya then firstly how qualified is your m8 (eg.is he a mechanic or seasoned builder) or is he just another honda enthusiast like the rest of us. And secondly if the engine pulled strongly then how come hes rebuilding it did it break or did he want to tune it . Please dont be offended by these questions but they only help ascertain if the engine will be good for pauls build tiz all

• Like 1

Ok? With being rude but ive 2 questions for ya then firstly how qualified is your m8 (eg.is he a mechanic or seasoned builder) or is he just another honda enthusiast like the rest of us. And secondly if the engine pulled strongly then how come hes rebuilding it did it break or did he want to tune it . Please dont be offended by these questions but they only help ascertain if the engine will be good for pauls build tiz all

sorry mate but I thought you were talking about the prelude import engine from burntisland link. As far as I knew it was the full engine not just block it had only done around 50 odd k

the car i was hoping to get has sold before i could sell my engine but not to worry because im still in the process of collecting info and parts, as my car runs out of tax/mot in january so thats when its officially coming off the road to start! i was just going to jump at any chance of getting a head start hence me collecting a few bits thursday night.  :)

ive also found out ill be able to make the mb6 engine loom fit so im picking one up on thursday  ^_^  people have said why am i picking up shafts, loom, gearbox when i could just take them from my set up i have now? well reason is im getting these parts at a bargain and its easier to sell my engine as a complete swap rather than "block and ancillaries for sale" 

i am hoping to get a buyer for the engine just before i take it off the road so they can test drive it but i guess ill just have to get some video's or something if that doesn't happen, got some overtime in this month just need to grab some more next month so i can save for a run about or prelude run about =] 

oh yeah ive decided against buying just an engine and going to buy a full donor, mainly for three reasons,

1. i can see it running, see if its healthy, mileage etc.

2. incase i miss anything later and i get stuck looking for some s**te clip/bracket/wire/bolt lol

3. cheapest way and potential to make some money back with weighing it in/selling parts etc 

• Like 1

oh yeah ive decided against buying just an engine and going to buy a full donor, mainly for three reasons,

2. incase i miss anything later and i get stuck looking for some shite clip/bracket/wire/bolt lol

3. cheapest way and potential to make some money back with weighing it in/selling parts etc 

Makes perfect sense mate! I bought a whole car to do an interior swap, so glad I had because there was more than a few bits I hadn't thought about plus other bits I managed to make use of as well! 

• Like 1

2. incase i miss anything later and i get stuck looking for some s**te clip/bracket/wire/bolt lol

yeah that's sound man I was going to buy the engine for my coupe incase the h22 I have in it ever went pop. Would be good to have a spare just wouldn't be as quick tho lol
  • Like 1