Lazy steering *dangerous*

Mcd16

• 2 weeks later...

Second that, there's been a bit of a myth over the years about faster racks. The MGZS mark 1 has the same rack as the civics. You'll need a post-2004 mark 2 rack. Same goes for the DC racks, they're all almost exactly the same.

It does sound like a worn rack to me. I put a 1992 Teg rack in mine which didn't cost the earth (£50 max) & as mentioned above, the slack can be taken up; I've just done this in the last month & it makes a massive improvement every time, although it does require a special 40mm spanner, about £25 from a honda dealer, unless you want to drop the subframe each time!

• Like 1

its the 180 that has less turns lock to lock, but always check part numbers as when mgr run out they would just fit something else, so you end up with 120's with 180 specific parts and some 180's with 120 parts!!!

little if anything changed between 01 and 05 except minor revisions, but during 01 the very first 180 cars did not have all the '180' parts on them.

Thanks for the replies I got the problem sorted it was suspected rack. Grabbed a mgzs180 for £12 with paint still on the track rod ends. Pig to do but ohwell. Its alot nicer and quicker, also lighter :) recommend this swap highly!

• Like 2

Thanks for the replies I got the problem sorted it was suspected rack. Grabbed a mgzs180 for £12 with paint still on the track rod ends. Pig to do but ohwell. Its alot nicer and quicker, also lighter :) recommend this swap highly!

Nice one !! applause.gif1

• 1 month later...