Malefix MA8

malefix

After some years of lurking, it's time to show my beast WACK11111

2moe3ab.jpg

1997 Serene Silver MA8 "Silk" edition

2ecq8o6.jpg

The stock D14A2 in all its glory  rlol.gif1

2z9e8w2.jpg

All almost stock, just KONI STR.T coilovers and Vogtland springs. With this setup cornering has changed dramatically, very very funny to drive even though the old fashioned tires (Yokohama a.drive 175/65R14). Standard headlights were updated with a xenon kit, also a big improvement. Rear lights and side mirrors from a VTI-S (thanks Yasar) and exhaust trim from a 25th anniversary EK. Rear wing was broken and the current one looks like the MB one. Inside just an LG stereo and new front and rear speakers. And an USB charger, obviously.

300000km without any major problem, some standard maintenance and some fix like heater resistor and side windows mechanism, engine starter and a couple of seals.

And now, bad news.

Some years ago, an Honda mechanic told me that this car would have been perfect for almost 300000km. Now, I dont know if there's a bomb on the speedo but in the exact instat i hit the fateful number everything started to go wrong. I was on the highway, at the toll the coalant temperature went in the red zone. Some says water pump problem, some says HGF. From that time the only way to cool down is to rev up... eekout.gif1

Same day, returning home at safe speed. Hailstorm. Broken windshield  banghead.gif1

Two days after: dead starter.  banghead.gif1

Fixed started, changed driveshaft axles and other bits (two weeks ago)

All looks good, car runs fine but someting start bothering me and after few days I notice a lot of new noises and a dramatic mileage drop from 40-48 to 30 banghead.gif1

Yesterday, 180km trip, everything seems ok, some hill climb, some overheating when blocked in traffic. but mileage dropped again to 20mpg banghead.gif1

And after almost 18 years of love, that's enough. I went to a Å koda dealer  :blink:  :-?  :-o  eekout.gif1

and I bought one like this

640px-Honda_Civic_Type_S_(8.Generation)_

She's coming home this saturday   :wub:

Dealer offered me 80£ for the MA. I answered with a middle finger. It's a shame because the front was fixed 3 months ago after a little crash and looks mint and probably it is possibile to fix all the issues without spend a fortune but italian burocracy just kill the maket for a car this old. Maybe i'll take some parts before scrap so stay tuned if you need something

So you joined, just to say your killing an M? You meanie! ;)

I've been looking at those civics too, as I've had a lot of problems with my MB3, and want a replacement daily, so I can put some time in on my M :D

well, I'm a registered member since feb '10 I just never posted a project topic before because there wasn't a project, just a constant mending. Now I am considering the proposal of the avid seller in order to save her from the scrapper.