Beasts Honda Civic 1.8 VTiS MB6 (Previously Nicks)

beastgtir

Hi it is Sue. I am really sorry to hear you have had these problems. I had no idea as the car was Nicks baby and he didn't mention any problems to me. As far as I am aware i was as honest with you as I could be. I know nothing about cars and I don't drive. I feel bad.

It's not major issues. More niggles then problems, some of the issues are just due to the fact it was stood for a while.

Just annoying mainly as I don't do a lot of mechanicals myself and trying to find a decent mechanic is impossible around here. My friend who is into cars helps me out with bits.

I've got arch shields now so probably fix them tomorrow and the screws for the steering cowling.

Clutch seems to be holding up as I have given it some stick. Think the hot days cause it to slip. On the cold nights it's been fine. Wanted to lower it a bit more but the door is barely above the pavement and exhaust scrapes on ramps. Probably get the centre box looked and see if the exhaust guy can fit a slim profile one.

Nothing to feel bad about sue. The car was a great purchase at the price. This is the thing with cars, the roads around here are not very good and luckily it's been small expenses. A lot of comments on it and attracts a lot of looks, especially the younger children. Had some guys asking me how comes it's so shiny.

Unfortunately due to the weather and my neighbour doing some building work. It's a bit grubby at the minute. My friend who is into cars lent me his polisher and gave me some clay to get it cleaned up but I think il give it a while before I start any more polishing work as the car is seeing a lot of use at the minute.

Probably do a few bits before the end of the year,

• Like 1

Sold my old mb6 vtis (prior to this one) through the Facebook page today. Someone put a wanted advert for a black vti. In a moment of madness I offered my car and he came down and ripped my arm off! I let go at a reasonable price and it was sat doing nothing for the past month or so.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got my ClimAir wind deflectors. These are not as simple as they look to fit!

I loosened the vertical door trims on the (b pillar) and pulled the rubbers slightly and had to reseat them all using a screw driver and a big needle I had.

Also bought some OEM (hopefully) front wind deflectors and sunroof deflector off Facebook for £20 delivered, I am not holding out too much hope for these though.. But you never know!

Also changed the windscreen seal as it was battered, I need to get some sealant to hold it down and keep it stuck flush then refurb it.

Annoyingly the steering column had two screws missing so with the new dc2 wheel it would screech when locking the wheel, fitted the missing screws and no noise now.

I'm hoping its the Front drop link/anti roll bar link that is knocking and not the coil over, the joys of a lowered car. Will need to get this sorted along with the clutch which slips when the car is very warm and been driven a while. Paintwork on the lip will be dealt with too at some point..

Next jobs are a good clean and detail, was only washed inside and out last week. cry.gif1

Also got my smoked headlights to fit and my replacement arch shields.

Couple of photos, guy who lives opposite me owns the 1.4i Sport mb. Not an enthusiast, he most likely bought it as a reliable run-around.

2014_10_20_58_60ad92c54b56ccb59776_1.jpg

2014_10_20_58_60ad92c54b56ccb59776_2.jpg

Meister's weren't very old, a year or so. Wouldn't have thought they'd be knocking already.

Sounds like you have a few TLC jobs to do, thought you'd replaced the clutch already but reading that I thought wrong.

I've bought the clutch but hasn't been fitted yet. The current one has life left in it and only slips when hot and driven hard. It will be done just a matter of getting a mechanic onto the job. I'm the sort of guy, I end up wanting to do more at the same time so was thinking about getting a S80 box and matching flywheel if I can get a good guaranteed box for around £400.

The roads are very rough around here and a lot of speed bumps around. Does sound like the anti roll bar link but you can never be sure with cars so always expect the worst.