Beasts Honda Civic 1.8 VTiS MB6 (Previously Nicks)

beastgtir

Ok so my K24 EP3 is pretty much complete,

Brings me back to toying this beauty and starting up an information thread for some knowledge.

I did help out a couple of friends with doing turbo conversions but been a while and also since I owned a turbo b.

So just making a list of items il.

B - Series Turbo kit (any recommendations? may possibly go BWR - Full Race or Race tech)

Injectors

Intercooler kit

Exhaust

Clutch

ECU -- whats best to run as so many different ones now since I last fiddled with a b

Wouldnt go BWR mate .. Heard some variable feedback recently. 

Been looking into this myself and have finally got my spec together, just a matter of saving and buying it all now.. 

Go autoworks do a complete kit which is supposed to be decent. RT kits are good, but pricey. £1600 for just mani, turb & IC .. 

Personally after months of looking, i've come to the conclusion to put it together myself. Much more cost effective. £2200 for everything, i even have a contingency in there. Also thats to be mapped my Romain @ Eurospec.

Injectors, you want 560 ideally. So they're not on full duty cycle. I'll be going evo with a resistor box.

IC - While important and make sure all metal tubing has a lip on the end so not to blow off, any reasonable sized IC with a 2.5" would be more than enough for most builds.

Exhaust, just go 3" mate, never need to worry about it then.

Clutch, i'll be going new standard to begin with, the seem to be able to take some abuse. Wouldnt drag it too often though.

ECU - P28/30/72 chipped & socketed will do fine. 

• Like 1

This was the kit I was looking at.

http://www.bwrusa.com/product_p/bwtk-brh44.htm

The full race stuff starts to get really expensive, around $5000 dollars.

I may go with race-techs kit only issue is a lot of people say the turbos are crap.

may put together a kit myself.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not seen it in the forum bud, did the new owner sign up in here? Sad times you had to sell, but know what it's like mate. I wanted to keep Ruby, but it was too much trying to keep all the cars on the go.

• 2 weeks later...