Shadz ep3

Shadz-VTIs

• 4 weeks later...

Update had valve clearance done and k100 supplied and fitted at tdi north.. car drives like new...very quiet now... car made 219bhp with just gruppe m filter. Launch control set at 4k..shift light..lower vtec point at 5k and rev limiter increased. Made a massive diference through the mid range..no more lag...even better mpg plenty of vtec still loads of fuel left :-)

So now after a exhaust manifold and rbc and back to them for retune!! This is addictive :-)

Yea ive read online around a 10 bhp increase on a stock car. Massive improvement. Think there was like 20-30bhp increase through the mid range..which was lagging before..think honda done this by purpose to give you the vtec kick... now its just pulls away with no lag!!will check end of the week see how good its on fuel ..soo far its looking good needle has hardly dropped after giving some abuse!

• Like 1

Awesome result man. Such good engines to do that virtually stock n/a. Subaru need a turbo to make that.

that's how it should be in my opinion.

my b18 is mapped similarly. Vtec doesn't feel so strong but it's pulling hard mid range And Crosses over to vtec smoothly.

Yea ive read online around a 10 bhp increase on a stock car. Massive improvement. Think there was like 20-30bhp increase through the mid range..which was lagging before..think honda done this by purpose to give you the vtec kick... now its just pulls away with no lag!!will check end of the week see how good its on fuel ..soo far its looking good needle has hardly dropped after giving some abuse!

Yeah I saw a before and after graph of a stock K20 with a map and you can see a big dip just before it kicks in, like you say to give it that effect but it annoys me because I can feel the power drop then come back, like a hesitation!