• Hubert
    • Stephen English
    • Powerofdreams
    • Unicyclingtom
    • JDMSaq
    • Ammarbm
    • Vtec2011

This poll is closed to new votes

Just to clarify, we have no intentions of changing the rules for cotm.  

We no way frown upon M's being entered by there owners

Opinions are opinions and though they may sway some members votes in certain directions if the rule was changed it would ultimately invoke the same response to those who see no problem with self entries. See we cater for a very large audience here (not being a local club) and this sort of thing is bound to occur

• Like 2

Thanks tom but I wouldn't say she was. Cotm is just what people want to vote for everyone has there own opinion and guaranteed not everyone will like things on every car that's just personal choice but I do see toms point is more rewarding if someone else enters it

• Like 1

Sorry, wasn't making out it is all you!

I think it was Marko that had the same thoughts as you and ribbed me a few months back.

Grant 'liked' your post so he must think along those lines as well. Many more may think it's wrong to enter your own car and that could put a downer on COTM. I entered mine as it's a bit of fun and if you don't get a vote then theres next month. Need to re-think my car from self-entering now.

think you'll find mate it might be me :oops:

i expressed my opinion a long time ago and have kept against it.

its mainly because people from Facebook who see the COTM competition come on, do a build thread, from start to finish in about 4 posts and enter.

yes you may have done a lot of work on your car, but it feels like you've just come along for the food rather than the party :/

the people i've met on here have been great and i enjoy having a banter. i think if your car is good enough or you have really put yourself out to get work done, or have done work yourself on it rather than getting a garage to do it deserves some recognition.

i have literally done all the work i can myself with the help from friends and started with hardly any knowledge about cars to knowing quite a lot from what i have acheived.

i'm not blaming anyone on here, its your views and this is mine boxing.gif1cry.gif1

• Like 6

think you'll find mate it might be me :oops:

i expressed my opinion a long time ago and have kept against it.

its mainly because people from Facebook who see the COTM competition come on, do a build thread, from start to finish in about 4 posts and enter.

yes you may have done a lot of work on your car, but it feels like you've just come along for the food rather than the party :/

the people i've met on here have been great and i enjoy having a banter. i think if your car is good enough or you have really put yourself out to get work done, or have done work yourself on it rather than getting a garage to do it deserves some recognition.

i have literally done all the work i can myself with the help from friends and started with hardly any knowledge about cars to knowing quite a lot from what i have acheived.

i'm not blaming anyone on here, its your views and this is mine boxing.gif1cry.gif1

You have come across, to me, as quite arrogant here Chandler.

I'm not sure what your getting at or having a pop at? 

The only work carried out on my car was by garages was tuning and suspension setup. Everything else i have tackled myself or got mates to help like retro fitting seats and suspension fitting. But I always put alot of effort and serious amounts of cash into my car and do most things myself. I may not brag about doing the work myself, as i can't personally see why that would matter or have to be mentioned in build threads. 

Just to add, i have made alot of effort to create numerous videos to share and a civic5 video for you all to enjoy, attended meets and put up a 'how to' thread. In my opinion, I have supplied some of the food for this 'party'. Your words suggest clique to me. I didn't think that this forum was like that but your comments are suggesting this.

However i have learned that a select few, including yourself, don't appreciate one entering their own car in COTM competitions. Safe to say i shall stay away from this particular party from now on. And yes, i have taken offence to your post. Regardless if they are just your views.

it wasn't directed at you personally, just in general.

I'm sorry if it sounds like it is mate and reading it back, it does but can assure you its not!!

i can appreciate that you have contributed a fair bit to the forum mate! its other people that don't and expect to have everything.

again my apologies to you that you have taken offense in this matter grouphugg.gif1