Coilovers - knocking

Jamalam724

Hi guys replaced the anti roll bar drop links today, and im still getting the same knocking noise? metal on metal... when i go over a small hole or bump so when the shock is enlarging in size? If that makes sence? 

sounds like its mainly drivers size? 

should i take the coilover out and put it back in? no seated right? 

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Afraid its all about trial and error mate ..

Could well be the top mounts on the coilover .. Or that they're worn internally (giggady)

Could also be looking at lower/upper ball joints which are now knocking as the pressure is being applied at a different angle since lowering .. Could also be the upper suspension arms knocking the underside of the strut tower ..

Need to get it off the ground and have a proper poke around, with a big as bar too to move the suspension around ..

Brand new all round, its the front drivers side that its coming from? Going to un bolt the coilover and tak eit out, look for any damamge all around, if its metal on metal chances are it will leave a mark.. Hope to get this solved, its irratating as f**k

Yeah, gunna have to deal with it until i get abit more light in the evenings. from memory, when i fitted them about 6 months ago ( new ) there was no knocking... so as they've settled in and got abit softer the car has dropped a good 10mm so might be a simple fix by raising the car slightly again... will let everyone know as soon as a solve the problem for future reference