Krzys' 2005 Cosmic Grey Civic EP3 Type R - Bob

Krzys

How are you finding it in comparison to the MB6? Having been in @Roj MB6 and then my EP3, they're completely different cars but excellent in their own ways!

Yeah the tweeters are the one part of stopping me from getting comps, because I'd need the A pillar triangle trims.

Feels much more pokey driving around town and feels like it has better low down grunt! Also the EPS makes my life much easier, I was beginning to struggle with the heavier steering of the VTi-S because of problems I've got in my hands/arms. The EP3 is just so nice to drive! Exactly what I wanted after all the messing about!

I might fit just the mids and see how it sounds without the tweeters, or just buy some regular speakers to put in? 

You're probably going to change speakers before me so let me know how components sound with just mids, I may just try some JBL coaxials I have lying around somewhere from my starlet and see how that goes, I know the standard front speakers clip in and aren't even screwed so that makes life easier, a good headunit/EQ setup helps these dramatically though! I do have a rather powerful subwoofer so I do need speakers for vocals more than anything else though!

The EP3 is a joy to drive in town, the steering is light yet somewhat precise, the K20 has low down grunt and also the ratios help a bunch! Plus its surprisingly good on fuel!

• Like 1

Bugger! You kept this one quiet! Nice purchase mate, looking forward to watching this one progress! Good colour choice too :wink: You doing a double din conversion?

Nah, I like my current headunit so going to bung it in there! Also getting some new door speakers, thought sod it since my above posts :lol:

• Like 1

mmmmmm, I love spending money on car audio! Speakers will make a massive difference mate. Thinking I might change the ones in DD and Roxy too

My friend with the FN2 changed his speakers out and also put a double DIN stereo in the dashboard, the sound quality is so good and the FN2 feels so solid and rattle free with decent bass/clarity, do it!

• Like 1

I already done the double din conversion mate, and even just getting rid of the standard stereo makes such a massive difference. Got a Pioneer touch screen, check out my project thread bud. Right, speakers are deffo next! lol

• Like 1

Looks nice mate.

When I changed my headunit, the speakers sounded soo much better, so i would change it first before you go and buy any.

I have also did the Hondata airbox mod, it does feel smoother. It will do unti i get a teg m lol

• Like 1