Krzys' 2005 Cosmic Grey Civic EP3 Type R - Bob

Krzys

But you can get a loud crossover from a K&N typhoon for £650 less, or an AEM V2 CAI which is proven to give more gains than the gruppe M for £170.. 

Do the airbox mod for now then get whatever intake you want, I was gonna use my airbox mod till I could get an AEM V2 but now I've done the airbox mod I see no need to

I don't know much about intakes for the ep3 just heard that the gruppe was the best. My mate has one on his dc5 and sounds amazing

Okay dude it was funny once or twice but don't take the p**s, consider this a warning. @Dogg @Dave

We're all guilty of spam but all these random emotions are too much mate.

ok p**s taken wont happen again sir. And since you've told me off I want my camcorder back! :)
  • Like 1

Yeah Gruppe M is supposed to be the best but far too much money, I'd be happy with the airbox mod, be similar to the ITR airbox on the M, makes a noise but is OEM too :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The prices on gruppe m dropping now..around 260 i seen a few that price range..performance wise.thats the best mod ive done to my type r..if you come across cheaper get it..trust me you wont be disappointed :-)

Had kn typhoon before the gruppe m.. the diference was massive especially the sound..drive much better..tooo much heat soke with the kn

No updates mate, literally just been driving her! 

Compared with a standard MB6, feels really tought/stiff but planted compared the MB's boat-like suspension! Lack of LSD is a bit of a downer but that's only because I was so used to it. Feels much more nippy and ready to go low down, I don't miss the IAB drop-off from 1st-2nd gear. Axle tramp is annoying, because these Toyo's don't grip well in the wet, whenever I go near the throttle in 1st or 2nd it just spins then the front end bounces trying to remove the dash! Road noise is worse but I've gotten used to it, I plan to get some dynomat or similar in there when I do the speaker upgrades, hopefully help with that. For a standard car though I really enjoy driving it as it is! I don't feel I "need" to rush into mods for it, but there's a few things I'd like, some induction noise as I've said already, not bothered about exhaust. Might K100 it in the future to release some mid-range powahz. Might also do a few upgrades to the brakes, at least better fluid if nothing else! 

It's not as practical as the MB but it's still big enough for what I need! 

I need to deal with the window rattle because it's annoying, also get some delfectors fitted so I don't get wet every time it spits outside! 

• Like 2

I agree fully on the axle tramp, my tyres are brilliant in the wet but I still get the mad bouncing at the front. Pre facelifts are worse for sound deadening than facelifts though as they had less. Airbox mod + K100 will make some good gains, I'm looking to K100 mine once I'm done with the next few mods. Brakes I'd recommend the discs I have, MTEC Grooveds but not the pads cause they're crap.

Low down torque is good but the top end is improved vastly by exhaust - If anything get a 2.5" custom exhaust made up because not for the noise but the gains, the standard exhaust diameter is less than 2" IIRC and really restricts it, a standard EP3 with just 2.5" catback and intake makes in the region of 205-210bhp depending on dyno!

Wind deflectors help a lot but its a double edged sword for me as I haven't got A/C so with the deflectors I don't get the awesome breeze with the windows all the way down. Which they have to be all the way down. Because all EP windows rattle when half down. 

But the moment I floor it I forget about all the little niggles. Awesome car.