Krzys' 2005 Cosmic Grey Civic EP3 Type R - Bob

Krzys

22 hours ago, UnicyclingTom said:

You mean they actually work.now!

Yeah and you can make everyone turn around and look at you with their best unimpressed facial expressions while coming to a gentle halt.

• 4 months later...

Not much to report here, another oil change done and a check over.

Almost at 80k miles!

Yesterday I went to a 'Getaway driver' experience at the Curborough sprint circuit in Lichfield. It was a right laugh!

In the morning we had some practice runs of the track but in the afternoon we got one go at the robbery.

You have to set off and then stop once you've crossed the start line, get out and rob the bank. Bring the briefcase back to your car, stow it inside and then belt up before completing two laps of the track.

It was hilarious my mates and I trying to run, we aren't built for it that's for sure!

Anyway, I've found a couple of photos from the day and I had my GoPro with me so I'm going to cobble together the footage.

0EEAD1EC-6F60-425A-BF51-B919D9C56C24_zps

2FF67795-7DB8-4ABA-B7F7-D95B97542D46_zps

Couple of photos of my mates' Subaru's too.
5DB9998E-3319-4974-BBEE-AF0C6BCADB18_zps

F6687734-8300-4064-B0A8-8859E1CDE41D_zps

CEC844A3-050F-45AF-B2B7-07B0628D7DFA_zps

582D6C37-FA90-43FC-ACA8-49BFAB359277_zps

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, UnicyclingTom said:

Hired? Z4? 

Yeah, at the time it was £197 hire for the weekend. Was the 2.0 engine but handy to learn drifting....in the stoney carpark before the event organisers told us to stop ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

So Bob has now hit 80k miles, recently had some fresh oil to reward his service. Then I gave him a good pasting :lol:

Few weekends ago I took part in a 'Getaway driver' experience at the Curborough Sprint Circuit near to Lichfield.

You had to set off the timer, stop, get out and rob the 'bank', then get back in the car and complete two laps of the track. I was a lot of fun!

Then the weekend after that I decided I'd have my first ever go at the 1/4 mile!

Wasn't great, 15.2 seconds but I had fun!

• Like 1

Yeah down here in the civilised world there's always something to do but even I have to travel around for it! Nottingham is well placed I think though for a s**thole!

• 4 months later...