Gear stick rattle and feels sloppy..

dreadi

Hi guys.

Posted this on the facebook page a few days back and someone gave a suggestions of maybe the gear stick was hitting the exhaust ? Anyone else have any ideas what it might be or how i might fix it?

Also, the gearstick feels super sloppy in gear, can move it about like its in neutral! Someone said that the linkage is loose? Will this be an easy fix?

Any advice appreciated as always :)

There is a nut and bolt at the bottom of the gear shift lever (right underneath and above exhaust). I fitted a short shifter and found that the gear lever rattles and was quite loose. A simple tighten of the bolt solved it for me.

Hope this puts you in the right direction :)

Same as mine mate, fitted the short shifter and after some times its started to go loose .. Tighten up and good as new ..

The rattler, have you tried holding the knob ( rlol.gif1 ) to see if it goes? (pop ! rlol.gif1 )

• Like 2

Same as mine mate, fitted the short shifter and after some times its started to go loose .. Tighten up and good as new ..

The rattler, have you tried holding the knob ( rlol.gif1 ) to see if it goes? (pop ! rlol.gif1 )

Oooo errrr misses!  [ghey.gif1]

It won't get sorted till next week as I don't have time, and I need to find some axel stands as well..

Its on my list of things that I want to do but probably won't on my week off!

• Like 1