EmZvr MB3 :new thread:

EmZvr

Someone should put the DRLs in the gaps in the front of the VTi-S lips

I'm starting to think I'm the only one who doesn't like how they would look in the vti-s lip :D

Someone should put the DRLs in the gaps in the front of the VTi-S lips

have been tempted mate!! also have another idea but don't really want to cut around my mint bumper haha

• 1 year later...

Time for an yearly update :D

I bought a brand new oem steering rack, because my old one started leaking, for the bargain price of 65 pounds.

IMAG0456_zps3zxhde9t.jpg

Other than that I'm struggling to fix my brakes. Here's how my 40 000km old EBC disc looked like (disaster):

DSC_0226_zps8wo9bcrf.jpg

So I decided it's time for big brakes upgrade. I bought 17cl15vn calipers from Prelude BB1. They were refurbrished with new pistons and bushings. Only thing I had to do fitting wise was to use 1mm spacers and job done. Also installed Mintex MDC1501 brake discs and Mintex MDB1543 pads.

DSC_0219_zpsf5unbr5m.jpg

Everything was great. After they broke in the stopping power is amazing. But.. they squeak(not very loud and not every time) and produce a lot of brake dust. Recently I had to do some fast slow downs from 170-180 kph and the brakes behaved perfectly. Pads were smoking, discs turned blue but still stopping power was amazing. Unfortunately the next day I had to drive the car I noticed that when I brake from 120kph+ my steering wheel is juddering. Which means I had bend the discs :( And I really don't know what to buy now. All brake manufacturers suck.

Time for some happy news. You all know I had a vtec conversion. Liked it at first but then I realised the car is very slow out of vtec and I had a lot of problems with juddering and etc. Driving my car became a horrible experience. Luckily I found a new tuner which made a miracle. With the old tune when I removed the spark plugs and the lambda sensor all of them were snow white.. ther car was running lean as f... So first the tuner degreed my cam, it was out with 6 degrees which is a lot. Then my car was street mapped. And oh boy what a difference, I feel like I have swapped the engine. It makes power till 8k rpms. I'm in love. For now I'm dismissing the idea for a B18C4. Here's a little video (with 3 people on board !), sorry for the quality:

And some non car related news I finally managed to buy a new camera to replace my old 9+ year old one - a Nikon D3300 with 35mm 1.8f lense. I am still learning how to use it as that's my first DSLR. But anyway here are some photos:

DSC_0208_zpsslkmbazt.jpg

DSC_0213_zpsshcbmboj.jpg

DSC_0217_zpsuamze0jg.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

Recently I meassured my fuel consumption. I've never done that since I bought the car. The method was, fill the tank to the top, drive some distance and fill to the top again. It was a 200.7 kilometers (125 miles) trip which started with a traffic jam and my speed was ~100km/h (62mph). The car needed 9.95 litres (2.19 imperial gallons) of fuel.

Which means a fuel consumption of 4.96L/100km or 57 MPG. I'm more than happy with this result :wub: I know you won't undestand the pic below but I'll post it as proof anyway :D

Fuel%20economy_zpsajp4bicc.jpg

I also installed front wind deflectors, made by Airvit. A brand I've never heard before but they sure do quality products. The installation is kinda scary because you have to bend the deflectors to a point you feel they'll brake in two but it doesn't require any tools nor double sided tape and fit very sequrely. They look very good and blend nicely with the exterior. Also there are no weird noises or etc. Overall I would give them 5/5. Althouth they're expensive, around 65 euros. But I paid 6 euro for them brand new, so no complains :D

DSC_0124_zpsumuooine.jpg

DSC_0127_zpsfpvqzv6a.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EmZvr said:

Recently I meassured my fuel consumption. I've never done that since I bought the car. The method was, fill the tank to the top, drive some distance and fill to the top again. It was a 200.7 kilometers (125 miles) trip which started with a traffic jam and my speed was ~100km/h (62mph). The car needed 9.95 litres (2.19 imperial gallons) of fuel.

Which means a fuel consumption of 4.96L/100km or 57 MPG. I'm more than happy with this result :wub: I know you won't undestand the pic below but I'll post it as proof anyway :D

That's quite impressive. Best i've got out of my MC2 is 6.69L / 100km, or 42 mpg. But taking into consideration that in the city i usually get only around 30 mpg i think 42 quite okay! And nice deflectors btw 8-).

Mb3's are amazing on fuel mate! Cracking wee civic to have. Loving the wind deflectors too, looks like they're great quality. 

You'll love the Nikon mate, I've got the D3200 and the shots you can get are amazing! Really is a quality big of kit. 

I wasn't really expecting to get in stock MB3 therritory in terms of fuel economy. But it seems vtec can be just as efficient as a vtec-e with the right mods and tune :)

• 1 year later...