EmZvr MB3 :new thread:

EmZvr

Your mb has come a long way, congrats on a job well done. Excellent spec list, would like to see these a lot more often in build threads. Cool interior light mods, especially liking the boot lights. Keep it going!

• Like 1

I do like the interior lighting upgrades got any photos in the dark of how much they light up the car?

I have an old video. Front are VERY bright, that's why I switched to Accord interior light unit. Now when I open the door only the small 3-led bulb at the center lights up. And all the 96 leds are on when I press the buttons. Rear ones are good too, but not as bright as the front ones.

And here are the boot lights, they are made of two hidden led strips

15286710803_5c78b13a20_n.jpg

Nice, how do you wire up the rear lights? Not the boot ones, the interior ones.

I removed the headliner and ran wires from the front interior light unit to the back. Quite easy to do :)

• Like 1

I removed the headliner and ran wires from the front interior light unit to the back. Quite easy to do :)

Oh I was thinking of that as well :) Not bad, just waiting for Christmas holidays so I can have time to do mine. Also are the boot lights stuck to the carpet? I did mine with COB strip few weeks ago and stuck them to carpet with double sided tape but they keep falling off lol

Oh I was thinking of that as well :) Not bad, just waiting for Christmas holidays so I can have time to do mine. Also are the boot lights stuck to the carpet? I did mine with COB strip few weeks ago and stuck them to carpet with double sided tape but they keep falling off lol

You need a side flexible led like this:

Waterproof-LED-Strip.jpg

Then it is side attached to the plastic. You can see the side attached white double sided tape on my photo. This way it is squeezed between the carpet and the plastic. Mine haven't fallen yet for 2 years. And I like that it is hidden and nobody can see this ugly thing :D

• Like 1