EmZvr MB3 :new thread:

EmZvr

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Recently there was a law change in Bulgaria. Now we need to drive with low beams always on throughout the whole year :( Projectors HID light is almost invisible in daylight but the police doesn't care.

The problem with this law is that HID bulbs quickly get dimm. Expect a lot of brightness decrease after about 600 hours. (I can post a picture of the difference if anyone is interested) And OEM bulbs cost around 60 pounds. (And I plan to upgrade to CBIs which cost 80+ pounds) I don't want to pay this price every two years.

My only choice now is DRLs which I hate. Most of them look really cheap and spoil the look of the car. But I bought Philips Daylight 8. They are the most stealth looking drl I've found. I bought them at a bargain price with the idea to sell them if I don't like them.

So they arrived today and I test fitted them in two locations. Now I need your advice, should I keep them and what position is better ? 

P1170855_zps4jdtwyhe.jpgP1170853_zpsmrqh8tnb.jpg

• Like 2

If i had to choose one i'd pick the first .. 

But have a look around the forum, perhaps there could be something worked into your actual headlight rather than having to put it into/onto the bumper .. 

Thanks for the feedback. Grant, believe me I have looked up every possible solution for drls. Like:

White LED bulbs in the foglights - This is the perfect DRL buuut illegal

Projectors white devil eyes - I have to make the retrofit again, drill the projectors and fit leds inside them which won't last long because of the heat inside the projector

led strip in headlights - Again illegal, no place for it in my setup and probably won't look good

If you have any other ideas please let me know. 

Great transformation mate.. Hard to believe it's the same mb3 from first pic ;).. Can you explain a little how to for the green lights in the instrument panel.. How to do them and which bulbs for each button please.. I think the drls look nice in the first pic.. Look quite subtle actually :)