Heater in my car is weak??? Is blower gone??

Engy

Question

Mine has gone like this as well, but screetches at all speeds.

I'd changed the pollen filter a few months ago and also bough a new resistor.  I just need to find some time over the next few weeks to take a closer look.  I take it the heater blower is just behind the glove box below the resistor?

Yeah I think it's in that sort of area! 

If the fan works on all speeds it won't be the resister, either the filter or the motor itself I suspect.

• Like 1

Hi mate, do you mean the amount of air coming out of it is poor? no force in it? If so, it will most likely be the pollen filter needing changed ;-) Is it working on all speed setings?

hmm, sounds like the wee flap at the heater isnt working as it should and allowing a mix of cold/warm air to the centre vents all the time. Do they go cold when the wee button is set to cold air only on them?

• Like 1

sounds like it could be that flap in the heater itself, the one for controlling the centre vents. Not sure if there's also a rubber seal around the pipe where it connects to the actual vents, could be that thats gone awol