Removal of the centre console surround

Jamalam724

Down by the handbrake is a small rectangular panel that hides two screws. Then the ones on the side of the centre console itself. I think there might be a few hidden ones behind the radio and possibly the ash tray too but I can't remember 100%.

Oh, and if the consoles never been out be prepared to struggle with the screws under the handbrake... :roll:

I had to drill them out of mine! Impact driver would have been better but I didn't have one at the time!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

The two screws under the handbrake go right through the floor of the car so they get rusty, if you can get under the car give them a spray with wd40 before removing them, you can also use a screwdriver bit on a ratchet to get them off easier, just be careful not to strip the head or its never coming off.

Im trying to remove my centre console too so i can run wires for an amp but cant find all the screws

Be sure to use WD40 because the two big screws securing the console to the floor are absolute pigs to remove.....I put massive torque on 'em but they only unscrewed a little and got tighter as I went....gave it up as a bad job until I can use WD40 underneath the car.

5 hours ago, Hotrod Aha said:

The two screws under the handbrake go right through the floor of the car so they get rusty, if you can get under the car give them a spray with wd40 before removing them, you can also use a screwdriver bit on a ratchet to get them off easier, just be careful not to strip the head or its never coming off.

Im trying to remove my centre console too so i can run wires for an amp but cant find all the screws

That's how I did it as well.. Let's you keep the pressure on nice. 

Been a while since I had the console out, but there's a sneaky screw behind on of the switches or something.  Sure that there's a how to on here (will be mega old though) if not, get the workshop manual from the downloads section :)