Removal of the centre console surround

Jamalam724

5 minutes ago, dr_broon said:

That's how I did it as well.. Let's you keep the pressure on nice. 

Been a while since I had the console out, but there's a sneaky screw behind on of the switches or something.  Sure that there's a how to on here (will be mega old though) if not, get the workshop manual from the downloads section :)

Thanks mate il have a look for that

• 6 months later...

When I just bought my Civic (it was used), I had to get a new center console https://www.carid.com/center-consoles/ . And to have it installed, I really spent a lot of time and effort removing those two rusty bolts, which attach the console to the floor. So finally I had to spray some WD 40 there to make these move, and only then managed to unscrew. Looks like they rust due to moisture getting onto them from underneath, so it is the best place to apply WD40.

Best bet is to replace both those screws with bolts mate. Rover 400/45/mgzs had bolts instead of screes, much easier to get out. I put copper grease on the bolts before i put them back in so should be easy to take out again if need be ^_^