any help clutch problems

jaydlaw

Question

Hi guys just wondering if I can get any help with my recent clutch problem. Today I parked up my car as normal after my normal daily drive, everything was fine, when I returned to the car an hour later the clutch pedel feels realy lose and dosent seen to engage until almost touching the floor. It seemed fine before and never had any problem with it before, no clutch slip just feels like theres nothing realy there until its all the way down. Thanks jay.

oh its a mb6 civic vti on a 98 S reg thanks again :)

5 answers to this question

That's a strange one mate! First thing to do is open the bonnet, and next to the brake servo you'll see a smaller reservoir for the clutch fluid. Is that up to the full mark? Sounds like it may be low on clutch fluid. Do you still feel the same pressure when pushing the clutch pedal, and can you still engage all gears?

@Dave sorry for the late reply only just seen this. It was the fluid non in at all I slowly lost all gears and nothing in the pedal at all and then I realises it must be fluid, there must be a small leak on the system somewhere. Anyway ive topped it up and bleed it back up so see how long the fluid lasts. Ive had the car almost 6months and never had this problem so if it lasts that long without needing any its nothing of much urgency

• Like 1

It will either be clutch slave cylinder or clutch master cylinder thats going bad.

Clutch slave cylinder pull rubber boot back if it has fluid init then its bad

Clutch master cylinder you will have to check in the car near the clutch pedel check for any fluid leaking near the rod

These are quite common on Hondas

I have these in stock give me a shout if you need anymore info

• Like 1