Jamalams Ipad build

Jamalam724

Hi all, thought id post a thread on the journey i had, whilst making my Ipad unit. 

so first things first i had to get the centre console out, this was fairly easy and straight forward. a few screws here and there. I then chopped away abit of the face of the console so the ipad case would sit nicely. 

Here below is my first case i used. A 'test run' .... 

1_zps1e13dd49.jpg

so my next step was to move the heat controls down about 3 inches, it wasn't until i unscrewed them i realised 2 of them worked on a ' bike cable ' this was my first hurdle... extending the cable. So First i un done the both of them and re fed them through different gaps in the dash to give myself enough to be able to move the unit down. the next step was cutting a slight gap in the dash so it would sit straight. I then cut down both sides of the control unit, as you can see here :- 

4_zpsf7f148ae.jpg

as you can see both sides were trimmed to fit. 

Leaving me with this... 

5_zps1f69939f.jpg

6_zps0b2f30a7.jpg

A few days later it come across me that i could fit the cd player somewhere else and still have access to the radio etc. so my next hurdle was to trace the wires and bring them to the bottom of the dash, i installed the cd player as shown... 

7_zps9829d23c.jpg

So... the cd player still works, i have stacks of music on my ipad... using the 'hidden' aux lead which ive tucked behind the dash... i can simply select aux on the cd player and away i go... 

I will get some in car pics when i have better light... and the inside has had a good clean :(

I will be looking out for a better case to cover the front of my ipad. something a little more robust ( hard plastic )  I didnt like the carbon wrap one bit. so done away with that.... any ideas where i can get a hard plastic case that covers the front light my does? 

Any questions.... fire away 

• Like 1

Seen this on the book of face .. Epic mate, really good .. Assume the ipad has normal functionality? Also, is it powered? And removable?

Not massively keen on the CD player location, I'd personally try to deal with just music from the ipad ..

So she is - Fitted! 

As you can see, this is why i want a new case for the front, something with a bit better quality. 

You can also see my glove box build. needs a few more bulbs etc but you get the idea. ( thread to follow when complete ) 

I'll try and get a picture at night when the footwells are glowing etc aswell...

8_zps43a6946b.jpg