K24 EP3

beastgtir

• 3 weeks later...

Car has been put back together.

Got my ECU back but as luck has it, the temperature gauge and fan won't kick in as it was disabled. (Tuner mistook it as going into a k swap car so didn't tick the options in the multi plexer). Nothing major. He is sending me the calibration with the items ticked and il upload it to a k pro ecu il borrow off a friend for the time being. I've taken it for a run to stretch its legs and it has bags of torque!

I've paid for a 3" solid fabrications exhaust. Getting it fitted by Alan as I don't want to run into any issues with fitment as its a tight squeeze with that size diameter.

Initially I wanted to run a 3.5" intake pipe into the fender area but this seems a bit difficult as the EP3 engine bay is so cramped! Plus with the RBC and larger Throttle body. It sits at a weird angle. Due to the size of my tb (74mm). I can't even go for a Tegiwa M as the intake hose is too small. Haven't got much of an option but to run it to the back of the engine and make a heat shield for the time being.

Mot and tax. Next. Then it's ready for the tune and to see what numbers it's gonna put down!

Never ever say you will do a budget build as it will never stay in budget lol.

Budgets never win :lol:

Sounds like it's pretty fast though, proper map will show you it's true potential, can't wait to see the results! 

• 1 month later...

So had this pretty much finished off.

Results were 279.4 BHP - 205 ish ft lbs of torque pretty much throughout the rev range!

This was on a 25 degree cam gear. Running slightly more vtc should see 285 ish and 215 ft lbs of torque however this is an estimate and the cams make max power at 31/32 vtc so it could be slightly more then predicted...

This was on Eurospec rollers in this heat!

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't had the chance to drive the car properly as my geo is bad and front coilovers are knocking.

just waiting to get them rebuilt and then have a proper fast road set up done and the cam gears changed with the map being tweaked for it.

it is very quick and extremely strong in 2nd, 3rd and 4th. I've got a long final drive so may change the gears to shorter DC5 4/5/6 if I can find some cheap ones.

I may end up going back to a 4.7 final drive as it just drops out of vtec on upshifts. rev limit raised to 8k so im ok for the time being just hope with the 30 degrees of vtc the vtec will come down to around 5.5k. this would be ideal as il stay on cam through all gears!