Rear subframe brace options

DeLaSoul

Okay guys, tried a brief search but not quite getting the answers that I'm after.  If there is already an answer on here please point me to it.

I've bought a Function7 EG/DC subframe brace for my MC2, but it looks to be 10-12mm too long between the LCA mounting points.  I could machine the brace to fit but don't want to if I can help it.  I thought the MC/MB shared many components with the EG/DC so unless the brace has been CNC machined incorrectly then something else is wrong (such as my recollection!)

What subframe braces do people have experience of fitting the MB/MC suspension?  I'm not talking about Beaks bar or similar, but full sub frame braces like the Function7 or Blackworks Racing etc.

Thanks,

Dave

Thanks for the replies guys, bit annoyed that Honda would have to mod the chassis but leave the rest of the EG parts alone. Time to get on the milling machine then!

Also found that the rear calipers from our cars are Lucas not Nissin and as such are even so slightly different and won't mount to the brake upgrade I've got, so new calipers it needed to!

Well I'm glad that this forum was able to help solve to problem as I thought I was fitting the brace incorrectly the first time. Instructions (yes I ended up reading them!) actually tell you the bolts will point inwards during fitting) but not the extent that these did.

• Like 1